Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring

And the hits just keep on comin'! Yesterday morning my TV died. It was kinda old, but I really loved her. It was a SONY Wega, flat screened, but not a flat screened or even a LCD screen. It was the TV I got when I started law school many moons ago. I turned her on and she was all red, and would only stay on for a minute or two before turning off again. After some googling and a call to a repairman, I found out it was something to do with a capcitator. Since it was an old TV that they don't make anymore, it was going to make things much more difficult and more expensive. Of course!

Spencer was very upset because in the morning she watches Elmo (Sesame Street). It was an interesting day- we read a lot of books and went to a sing a long at Barnes & Noble. I got nothing accomplished. As much as I'd like to fancy myself as one of those mothers who can entertain her child all day long without any help and no TV- I'm not. I need at least an hour a day to get "stuff" done in the house and keep things running. So this morning I dipped into my "New Camera Fund" and bought a new TV. Normally I'd be happy about something like this, but not today. I didn't want a new television, I was perfectly happy with my old one. It was also not in my budget- not at all. I got a good deal on Samsung, it's smaller than my last one, but oh, well. We don't need a huge TV, just one that works.

Unfortunately, it means it's going to be even longer before I can buy a new camera. Yesterday I just got so frustrated thinking about finances and I started to cry. Spencer came up to me and put her hands on my cheeks and said "Don't cry Mommy, don't cry." It kinda melted my heart.

I'm really trying hard to think positive thoughts...

On that note, I only have one more week of classes left! It's followed by two weeks of finals, but at least the end is near!

post signature

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww I'm sorry hun. I hope that you stumble across some funds to get you your camera soon!

Annie said...

i'm so glad you and spencer have each other. i'm sure her saying that made you smile. i'm sorry to hear things are a little rough right now. i hope they get better soon.
i was going to suggest craigslist, if you have that in your state, for a new tv. glad you got one though!

cheer up hun! XO!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Aww, man - I hate electronics!! They are never convenient.

Hayley said...

I'm sorry! I'd be super frustrated at having to put off that fabulous camera (I'm assuming here that you're saving for the 5D?).

At least you'll be on break for a little bit soon, right?

KK said...

I know that is rotten timing, but I'm glad you had the money in another fund at least. Am I making it better or worse? :) When finals are over, things will all look better, hang in there!

Patti said...

I am sorry friend. Finances are tough....in the meantime, enjoy that little girl and your new TV! :) Hope the weeks go quickly until your break. :)

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Bummer... But what a darling sweet girl to help cheer you up!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

sometimes being a single mom sucks rocks, but God will bless you for your dedication to your daughter and to your finances. Keep your chin up and trust in him. :)

Meg said...

I am sorry to hear about all your frustration. Finances suck. Hopefully you will find some money for your camera. Maybe your parent's will be able to help you out for Christmas.

I also went back a couple of posts and I love your Great Dane and Spencer's Halloween costume.

~Meg

P.S.-For some reason it wont let me attach my new blog site, so here it is: http://blog.phillipandmeghan.com

ItsKelly said...

So sorry you're having a hard time right now. It always seems like this time of year is overwhelming when it comes to finances.

It won't be hard forever. Take it one day at a time. And enjoy the holiday break!

Kari said...

Frustrating! I don't blame you for not wanting or being able to entertain your little one all day. It's a lot of work. I think they get bored too!

Kari said...

ps...what font do you have your titles in?

chenlili said...

toms wedges
hollister uk
ray ban glasses
louis vuitton
swarovski jewelry
cheap jerseys wholesale
nike roshe run uk
tod's shoes
nike roshe run mens
adidas originals store
jordan 13 shoes
toms outlet
michael kors bag
michael kors
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap jerseys
ugg boots sale
coach factory outlet
louboutins
louis vuitton handbags
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
gucci shoes
running shoes

Post a Comment