Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Santa Claus at Our House

When Santa visits our house on Christmas Eve, he (she) will be leaving a few presents for Spencer. She doesn't know about these gifts yet, of course, but I am itching to give them to her! Her current stage has left us with very few toys that she now finds entertaining or challenging -she grows bored of them very quickly. So even though these are presents for Spencer, in a way, they're also presents for me- haha!

Since both of these toys are what I consider to be "big" this is all she'll be getting from me, besides some of the accessories that go with the presents, her stocking gifts and annual Christmas Ornament. The first one is the darling red kitchen set. The next door neighbors have a kitchen for their granddaughter and Spencer LOVES it. Whenever we go over to their house, she immediately heads right to the kitchen and starts playing until I have to make her stop so that we can leave.


It's made of wood, which really makes me happy and it's just so darn cute!

I hadn't exactly planned on this being one of her presents, but the other day when we were at Toys That Teach, she saw this house and was so enthralled by it. No other toy in the store held a candle to it, she only had eyes for this doll house. It's the Calico Critters and Sylvanian Families and when I was little I had one almost just like it. It was called Maple Town in my generation, circa 1987, but they're practically identical. There's just something I really like about the idea of Spencer playing with a toy that I also played with as well.


Here's a look at the inside of the house. And the best part- it comes already assembled! It doesn't get much better than that folks! I bought her one family and few items for the house. I'm actually really looking forward to making it a "real home" and decorating it with her over the next couple of years.

And that is what I have ordered from Mr. Claus. What gifts are ya'll giving your kids this year?


post signature

10 comments:

Annie said...

you are going to have one happy little lady on christmas morning!!! i love everything you picked for her!
i had maple town as well! i actually still have it! ;)

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I love the little kitchen. I think all kids love kitchens. What a blessed little girl.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh my goodness!! What a fun christmas you will be having!! I too played for HOURS with what I called 'peoples' (those sylvanian critters)I had no idea that they were still around!!

Heather@WHMB said...

I love the kitchen set! I want to get my daughter one too but I'm worried she's a little young for it. I know she'll grow into it though so I may do it anyway. Looks like Spencer has been a good girl this year. :)

Micha said...

Aeryn was given a kitchen set when she was 1 and it is still the most played with thing we own. She loves it, other kids who come over love it, and I love it.

Spencer will be thrilled! What a fun Christmas you girls will have!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that dollhouse is precious!!! I got Ceara one similar when she was much younger, and while I LOVE having a boy, I miss buying the 'girly toys.
This year, she is getting new Columbia coat, some new hoodies, some Twilight crap. Farty is getting a huge Tonka dumptruck, an Aquadoodle mat and some trucks. The kid loves anything on wheels. He is also obsessed with all cleaning gadgets, so if I see a kid sized broom, vacuum cleaner and/or mop, he is definitely getting them!
Like you, I am buying a couple bigger things, not going all nuts with 30 gifts for each kid. I am not using my Visa card this year. AT ALL.

Mrs. Walk said...

I had some of those little animals too! But I never had the house. I did love my play kitchen, too!

Patti said...

We got Emersyn the SAME play kitchen!! How cute!!! Love the doll house too, seriously! Spencer is going to have a lot of fun with imaginative play after Christmas this year! :)

Shoshanah said...

I had a plastic kitchen when I was little that I loved. Its definitely something I'd want to buy for any kids I eventually have.

And I had Calico Critters when I was growing up as well. I didn't have the house, or any of the furniture, but I did have a bear and bunny family that I loved playing with.

I think those are great presents from Spencer and I'm sure she'll love them!

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh, I was obsessed with my Maple Town when I was little! I completely forgot about that until I read your post. I'm sure she'll love them!

Post a Comment