Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flakey White Stuff Falling From the Sky



They say it's going to snow here in Richmond tonight.

 

The last time it snowed (3 weeks ago), Spencer and I were house bound for three days!  THREE DAYS!

 

Those were not the best 72 hours of our lives.




And while it was really pretty...




And made my Christmas lights look all dreamy and Winter Wonder Landy ...






    
We had almost a foot of snow and our neighborhood roads weren't cleared for four days.  These three pictures taken on days one, two, and three of of our confinement.  And since this is Virginia, and it rarely snows like this, I was not the owner of an ice scraper for my car.  See all that snow?  I cleared it with a CD cover!  It toom me a long white and I thought my fingers were going to fall off.  I did go out and buy after that experience, so at least I'm prepared for that!  If Mother Nature is listening to me, I would like it snow tonight and melt tomorrow- please don't stick around for more than 24 hours.

post signature

9 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds and looks like Colorado!!! We got about 5-6 inches yesterday/last night, but the sun is out today. Only 15 degrees right now, but the sun is out trying to do some melting on the streets!

The Kramer Angle said...

Well hopefully this time you're better prepared and are now the proud owner of an snowbrush for your car!

Good luck!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Oh my gosh brr!!!!!!

Kris (Good Steward) said...

We are supposed to get some snow tonight in Durham. Last time we got that same snow you talked about, we drove 5 hours through it to SC. It was horrible.

The forecast said that we are supposed to get a few inches tonight and it won't melt any tomorrow because of the freezing temperature.

We will see. I am with you. I hope it clears out quickly.

Mrs. Walk said...

During that same storm, when Baltimore got 2 feet, my friend didn't have a snow shovel and dug out her car with a COOKIE SHEET!

Melissa's Thoughts said...

We were in southern maryland for Christmas and they got a little over 2 feet. When we got there they still had a over a foot. Then the beautiful rain came and cleared it all away. I love rain. It snowed...ok, dusted here today and they closed schools yesterday...they just closed school for tomorrow too. Ha

Meg said...

Looks beautiful! Hopefully for your sake you wont be kept inside for 3 days again. :)

Annie said...

oh no!! i hope you do not get stuck inside again!!
it's freezing cold here and snowing as well! the commutes suck....we are used to it though. ugh!
i'm still ready to get outta this frozen tundra state that i live in.

Masala Chica said...

Katie - I found you on SITS. Something about your blog title kind of pulls at my heart strings. I have a feeling your story is far from over, girl. Spencer is a beautiful kid. I love meeting beautiful, strong women every day since I have started blogging.

Stay warm in Richmond. I am in Northern VA and we are getting hit as well.
Kiran

Post a Comment