Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some Things Never Change, Like Pink Ink

One of Spencer's favorite things to do is plunder through things that she shouldn't.  The other day she found a box of my old journals and dumped them all on the floor.  I rarely go back and reread the things I wrote when I was in high school and college- more like never- or else I start feeling haunted by my future.  But as I was putting them away, I flipped through a few pages of one from my sophomore year of high school and I saw a list of my New Year's Resolutions, circa 1998.



And oddly enough, not much has changed.  I was even kinda impressed with the resolutions of my 16 year old self.  Although, I definitely did not need to lose 15 llbs.



These are still the same things I'm trying to do now, 12 years later. (How scary is that?! I was 16 twelve years ago!)  Of course I now write out the word love, instead of a heart, but I'm still writing in the same pink ink with the same Pilot Precise Rollerball pen. But it was nice to be reminded again that the old young Katie and the new old Katie are not so different.  And that's a good thing.


post signature

8 comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I remember how fat I thought I was in my cheer uniform and now looking back I can only hope I will ever be that small again.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh I think we all need to be reminded of that sometimes :)

Annie said...

that's so neat that you still have your resolutions from back then.
best of luck with resolutions and goals this year! :)
best wishes for 2010!!

Meg said...

I think good goals are goals that we work on forever! You were an adorable cheerleader. :)

Nicole said...

How cute I wish I did that when I was younger! Best of luck =D

KK said...

That is a good thing and don't worry, I was 16, 21 years ago!

Melissa said...

That was really cute. You seemed so mature for a 16 year old. Not that I was super immature, but I wasn't focusing on reading the bible more. Thats really neat. Isn't it the greatest to go through something that brings back such great memories.

P.S. you look so cute in your cheer uniform.

Rustin @ BlogFrog said...

This made me laugh - what a great post. I'm not sure if I want to know what my goals were when I was 16 - I'm sure they were much more superficial than yours.

Thanks for being an awesome BlogFrog member!

Post a Comment