Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday? Really?

How did it get to be Wednesday already?  We've been super busy, but still... Wednesday?

Well, this weekend my parents were out of town, so we stayed over there dog sitting for the four puppies.  Although they aren't really puppies.  One two and half year old plus plus four dogs (one of which is our Vivi- the 95lb Great Dane) equals one really tired Mommy.  But it was fun; I love being with all my dogs and so does Spencer.  She really loves little Gus, he's not too fond of her, but he did like to sleep by her feet at night- so she went to sleep in 7th Heaven!

My parentals and brother didn't get back until Monday evening and then yesterday we went over to Spencer's PGP's house for the day/night.  I had to take an Anatomy quiz, (I'm now taking Anatomy 2) so they occupied her while I locked myself in their upstairs office studying, etc.  And this morning I took my quiz (I aced it) and then had to go to the school bookstore for a new lab manual.  For some unknown reason they switched lab manuals, but not textbooks, and I had to go buy a new one.  Are you ready for this?  The new manual was $120!  It wasn't even a hard back book.  CRAZY!

So after many nights away, we're now back home and Spencer is napping.  She doesn't nap well away from home, or sleep well for that matter, so she was in serious need of a nice long snooze.  For the first couple of days she was okay, but for the last two she's woken up around 6am, hasn't taken a nap, and wouldn't fall asleep until almost 10pm.  Needless to say, or write, we're both pretty exhausted. 

Spencer's PGP (her PGrandaPa) gave me the funniest nugget of wisdom today and I just had to share it with ya'll.  A little back story, he is a republican and Carol (Spencer's MiMi) is NOT.  Okay, so this morning I came downstairs for breakfast and he was watching Fox News.  I gave him a half smile along with a raised eyebrow and slight eye roll and he laughed.  Then he said "Katie, when you get married you need to marry a democrat- that way you can both watch the same TV." Hahaha!  Whenever it's time to watch the news, one of them goes upstairs to watch their channel while the other stays downstairs to watch their preferred channel. But typically, I don't like my news with any kind of partisan slant, so hopefully I'll find someone like that. Anyway, I just thought that was so funny, so I had to blog it. 


post signature

6 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

It is very true!! Dan & I would not see much of each other during the week if we did not have the same tv that we liked... We differ greatly on a lot of shows, but there are some that we both like...

Masala Chica said...

Yeah hubs loves fox news. but he SAYS he's an independent (snort).

That is cute. Sometimes the best relationships are ones where there are "big" differences.

Kiran

Melissa's Thoughts said...

So funny!! Hey have you heard of chegg.com. We rented Christopher's books this semester and it really saved us some money. Of course, when you have to have a book quick..same day..you have to do what you have to do. $120 is CRAZY.

T + 2 said...

Books are the worst! Last semester I paid over $500 just for books ugh!

KK said...

That is funny. Although I think opposites make for a well rounded union, if you can get along. 2 TVs are not that big of a deal, especially with all the online news these days. Congrats on your quiz!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I'm not sure I could marry someone with completely opposite political views as me - I am not sure we would have made it through the last election!!

$120 for lab manual? Ugh. I was at the bookstore last week - two classes, $97. The sad part was - I didn't even think that was that bad!!

Post a Comment