Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fleeting

I just found out that a friend of mine from high school passed away last night.  We weren't the best of friends, probably more of acquaintances in actuality.  But he's dead now.  Alive yesterday, dead today.  I just can't fathom that.  He was such a nice guy, incredibly smart, and was only 27.  I can't even imagine the pain his wife his going through right now.  I'm even more reminded how fleeting this life is; how we have no idea when our last day is in fact our last day.  It sends shivers down my spine to think of it.  But right now I'm just thinking about the break dancing guy from high school- the one who always had a smile and a hug for everyone.


post signature

7 comments:

Hayley said...

Ah. I get it. I was wondering after I saw your Facebook post. Anyway. It's sad when people die so young. My graduating class is cursed, I think. We've had seven deaths since graduation, not counting the two we had while we were still in high school. Not a good sign.

Live life the way you wanna- it's too short.

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

All we have our moments. I will definitely say a prayer for his family - and then hug my family tight.

Meg said...

I am sorry to hear--that is so sad. My little sister's friend passed away the day after Christmas, it was terrible.

I am sorry for your loss.

Masala Chica said...

Life is fleeting, as you so nicely put it. the whole idea of live every day to the fullest is something we all have heard but few of us live by in practice. 27 is too young - i am sure that break dancing friend from high school is glad that he will be remembered for some great memories.
kiran

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. It certainly does put things in perspective.

Annie said...

i'm so sorry to hear this.
i'm praying.

KK said...

I'm sorry. I'll pray for his wife.

Post a Comment