Friday, January 22, 2010

The Best Online Shopping


Shopping!  That's today's topic over at Kelly's Korner Blog.  There aren't that many things in this world in which I would call myself an expert, but online shopping is one of them.  The funny thing is that I don't even like "shopping," I just like buying, haha!  So years ago, when the Internet was still fairly young, I set about learning how to shop on the computer rather than in stores. When I was pregnant with Spencer, I spent too many hours, an embarrassingly large number of hours, searching for the perfect products and creating extensive lists.

I've never liked having the same "stuff" as everyone else.  I wanted to fit in, but still stand out.  When I had Spencer, I wanted her to have things that were just hers.  I mean, I buy all of her pjs at babies 'r' us and a lot of her play clothes come from places like Target and Old Navy, etc.  But for her going out on the town outfits, I try to find things that aren't on every single other toddler in the universe.  At some of the more expensive places, I wait til a big sale or a good discount coupon becomes available, and then I'll buy things a size too big so she'll be able to fit into it longer.  And the best thing about those clothes are that they last SO much longer- they don't fall apart and pill after three washes.  If I could impart one thing about shopping for a toddler on a budget but still with some pizazz, it would be to splurge on the coat.  A coat is the one thing they wear over and over again, so you want it to be a quality piece, but also unique/classic/fun.  You also want it to last more than one season, so make sure buy it large enough!

So I am going to divide my knowledge about the places to shop into categories, just to make it a little easier.  I hope you find some new sites and stores that you like.


For You

For the Baby and Kid
  
Realistic
Best Dressed Kids

This was Spencer's Easter dress this year, or I guess it was last year - 2009, from Best Dressed Kids

A little luxury
Forest and Zoe

This was Spence's 1st Birthday dress from Forest and Zoe.  I love, love, love it!  



Tutti Bella

This was her dress for her 2nd birthday party- the petting zoo extravaganza - and it was from Tutti Bella.


A Little More Luxury
For the Home


post signature

6 comments:

Lesli said...

Girl I love you already...lol.. I am also addicted to buying boutique clothes but I honestly always look for bargains and wait until they go on sale... also ebay is my best friend..lol. Spencer is a doll.. I love all of her cute outfits!! I also have some boutique links up on my blog too if you want to check it out.. thanks so much for sharing..have a great weekend!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

She.Is.So.Precious.

I love online "window" shopping. It's fun for me to just look and get new ideas and think of ways that I can integrate what I already have in new ways!!

Masala Chica said...

Spencer is so freaking cute. I love her in the red and white dress. I honestly am so boring when it comes to shopping. I try to pretend I am cool and trendy but honestly, I just go mainstream in the end. I will have to check out some of your recommendations!

Have a good weekend, Katie!
Kiran

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking to us and for posting the adorable photo of Spencer in her Tutti Bella dress. Love the hat with it!

FYI for you and your readers, we are in the midst of our semi-annual 10, 20, 30 Sale, where hundreds of items are marked down to $10, $20, and $30. Sale ends 1/25/10.

http://www.tuttibella.com/10-20-30-sale.html

KK said...

You are a good shopper! She always looks so cute in your pictures. We just got a Free People store and I wondered what it was. Maybe I'll check it out. (Actually, maybe we've had it forever, but I just noticed it!)

Maria said...

I lived in Madison, WI (home of Bop - the live ShopBop store). Now I live in Columbus, OH and I miss Bop like crazy.

Another great online boutique from Madison is www.twigs.com.

Happy Shopping:)

Post a Comment