Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Church, Maranatha Baptist

This week over at Kelly's Korner everyone is sharing information about their churches. I have about ten blog posts that are just waiting for me to publish them, but I really felt this was something I needed to do first.

I think one of the best things I can tell you about my church, Maranatha Baptist, is that they accept and love me, they love and accept Spencer, and as a single mom that means the world to me. Instead of judgment I was met with outstretched arms.  Maranatha is a young church, but we are a close-knit group of Christ Followers. 


After five years of meeting in a small school, three weeks ago we celebrated our first service in our own new building.  We are eagerly waiting to welcome ALL new guests and visitors!    
 

Pastor Woodburn and his wife, Mary.  I am very close to with them- they are also the parents of my best friend, Sara, and I sometimes forget that we're not actually family members.


Scenes from our first Sunday in the new building

Our services are a combination of both contemporary praise and worship music as well as some  traditional hymn favorites


Two members of the Praise Team, and yes, they are identical twins.



If you are in the Richmond/Chesterfield/Tri-Cities, Virginia area, we would love to have you stop by and visit.  If you have kids, great!  There are a lot of children and we have some really great programs for them- Spencer loves going there so much, she'd go every day if she could. But she doesn't call it church, she calls it "Happy." (she came up with that all on her own)  One of my favorite things is our Moms and Mentor's group, which meets monthly for dinner, games, prizes, crafts, and devotionals.  To find out more information about our statement of faith, core beliefs, and mission statement please visit our new website HERE.

Maranatha Baptist's New Location:

9604 Newby's Bridge Rd.
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Telephone: 804-743-1274



post signature

6 comments:

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Congratulations on your new space! That must have been an incredible service.

Deb said...

WOW! This is so close to me, I'm in Bon Air. I had no idea about this church. I am so happy that they are accepting and embrace everyone. Sounds like a wonderful place to be! Finding a church home is so important, and it sounds like you are home:) I go to Bon Air Baptist, but am starting to feel like a little fish in a great big sea...we are growing so fast and that's good, but it's impossible to even know who you're sitting next to sometimes.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Looks & sounds like an amazing place!

Lori said...

My pastor and his family are like family to us as well. I always feel very blessed when I think of the great relationship I have with not only the leaders of our church but other members as well! Congrats on the new building. I hope God does amazing things through you all there!

Hayley said...

I would love to show you pictures of my church, but they won't let me in anymore ;-P

chenlili said...

chenlili20150907
cheap uggs for sale
abercrombie
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
timberland outlet
louis vuitton handbags
oakley sunglasses wholesale
coach factory outlet online
hermes birkin
michael kors outlet
kobe 9
timberland boots
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
ray-ban wayfarer
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
retro jordans
michael kors uk
coach outlet online
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton online shop
abercrombie and fitch
gucci handbags
kate spade handbags
christian louboutin outlet
ed hardy outlet
nike air max
abercrombie kids
air max 95

Post a Comment