Thursday, April 28, 2011

Closeup Learning Curve

Last week Spencer and I went to the Middle of Nowhere, North Carolina to visit her great-grandparents for a few days.  It was the perfect time to go because the flowers were at their peak and everything was blooming and gorgeous.  I took the opportunity to get in some practice with my new macro lens. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the learning curve is a little bit more steep than I thought it was going to be.  It took me awhile, and a few hundred pictures, before I started to get anything that I actually liked.  I still have a lot to learn, but here are some of my favorites.  I would love to hear any tips from those of you love macro photography!

The second picture is a closeup of the flower in the first one.  See that yellow stuff?  It's pollen!  Just looking at it makes my nose start to itch!




post signature

4 comments:

Meg said...

I don't do macro but I love your pics. The 5th image is my favorite.

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Every now and then I think I'm getting the hang of macro photography and then I shoot for hours with nothing worth posting. It's definitely a learning curve.

Unknown said...


I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!


Architectural Walkthrough
Architectural Visualization
Architectural Rendering
3D Animation
Product Animation
3D Modeling
Corporate Presentation
3D Images
Real Estate Publicity
Multimedia Presentation
Saad Ali Cool

Gaia1956 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment