Friday, May 28, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

I feel like Oprah!  Today's Show Us Your Life is about our favorite things/things that make you happy. It might appear as though that's the same thing, and there is some overlap, but my favorite things aren't always what makes me the most happy, and vice versa.  These days, what makes me the happiest usually has something to do with Spencer and my favorites things are usually about/for me.

 My Favorite Things:

  • Diet Coke-  Without my morning DC, I am a friend to no one, ha!
  • My DVR - Mine is currently not working and it's killing me, especially since we can't watch Dora whenever we (Spencer) want.
  • My Camera - I got a Canon Rebel when Spencer was born and I have never been more thankful for any possession in my life.  The pictures I've taken with it are so important to me and I'm so grateful that I have so many amazing pictures of Spencer.
  •  The Internet/Blogosphere/Laptop - Since I'm the worst scrapbooker in the world, having this blog to document our lives has been so wonderful.  And the community and friends I've made has really been such an amazing source of support and information. 
  • My Mema's wedding ring.
  • Pull-n-Peel Twizzlers
  • Rainbow flip flops that are worn in - I have a very high arch and they are the only flops that provide it enough support. But it takes about two weeks of constant wear for them to get "just right."
  • Vintagey Accessories
  • My Kappa Kappa Gamma pin and anything with the Fleur-de-Lis - they remind me of all my wonderful college memories
  • Fiber Wig mascara - If I can only wear one item of makeup, this is it.
  • 100 Calorie Chocolate Covered Pretzels - The perfect combination of sweet and salty without many calories
  • My Papa's Bible - It has all of his little notations written in it and marked passages that were important to him.

Things That Make Me Happy 


She makes me the happiest.

  • When Spencer takes a nap
  • When Spencer tells me she loves me and that I'm her "best best friend in the world."
  • Successfully making a trip to Target, or any other store for that matter, without having any major meltdowns or temper tantrums where people are staring at us.
  • When people tell me that Spencer has nice manners.
  • Thunderstorms
  • Pedicures
  • Completing the Sunday crossword puzzle
  • Getting to read a really good book that has nothing to do with school
  • Getting to see my W&M friends
  •   Sappy romantic comedies with happy endings
  • March Madness
  • Unexpected surprises in the mail
  • When Spencer takes off her shoes, puts her feet in my face, and says "Smeeeeell!"

So what are your favorite things and/or what makes you happy?



post signature

11 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

What a gorgeous, lovely picture! My, my, what a beauty!!

Sipping a nice glass of red wine after a long day alongside my sweet husband and napping jack russell terrier! THAT'S what's right at the top of my "favorites" list!!

Annie said...

no way!! spencer has gotten even cuter!! i can't believe that! she is beautiful!
i'm with you on the DC, it's been my breakfast this entire week. i'm a new addict! ;)

have a great weekend hun!

Heather said...

I love Diet Coke and Rainbow flip flops too!! Great list!

Shoshanah said...

It takes me forever to get a pair of sandals perfectly worn in. Which means once I do I make sure to where those sandals till they're practically falling apart.

Valerie said...

Spencer is absolutely beautiful. Such a great picture.

I love those 100 Calorie chocolate covered pretzel packs too! I just recently discovered them when searching for a snack for Mary Catherine to take to school for her 100-Days party. Fun!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous photo!

What a terrific list. You and your family have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

Already Happy said...

I love that you differentiated between the two lists!

Do you have any suggestions for taking pictures in manual, or resources you think would be helpful? I have read the manual and Understanding Exposure and I am still Stuuuuuuck....

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

What a great list - I know exactly what you mean about the perfect flipflop fit with high arches.

My favorite thing this week (and most weeks!) is sea salt caramel!!! I just posted the recipe on my blog.

Thanks for posting about favorite things. It's nice to be reminded of the simple things that make us happy :)

Have a great weekend!

Sarah

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I love your lists!! I think that I will have to do this as a post soon :)

GiGi said...

Your daughter is beautiful!

Micha said...

Oh, my, GOSH that is such a cute picture!!!

Post a Comment