Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Middle of Nowhere

We are in The Middle of Nowhere, North Carolina visiting Spencer's PGGPs.  (The parental great-grandparents)  Life is slower here, but for some reason, I've been non-stop on the go since we arrived.  Maybe it's all the fresh fruit I'm picking or the dishes I've been baking?  Pictures and recipes will be forthcoming.  Tomorrow we are going into "town," which means a drive through the curvy and nausea-inducing mountainous roads.  I love being up here, but I'm not a fan of the carsickness I feel each and every time we drive anywhere.  

Spencer is having the best time- this morning she was playing with her Great-Gran and she turned to me and said "This is SO much fun! SO fun!"  We are staying here for the next week and half and I need some great fruit recipes.  Anyone have a particular favorite?  They have apples, peaches, blueberries and and raspberries.  I made a raspberry crisp last night and a peach cobbler tonight, so I need some ideas about what to make for tomorrow.  I was thinking about making an apple pie, but that seems a tad ambitious for someone of my limited baking caliber, ha! 

post signature