Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lemon Lesson Backfire

Last night Spencer decided that she wanted to taste what was in the plastic lemon shaped container in the refridgerator- aka lemon juice concentrate. I told her no over and over again, that she wouldn't like it, but she wouldn't let the lemon juice issue go.  Thinking that once she tasted the extremely sour concentrate she would hate it and spit it out, I thought this might be a good learning opportunity. So I said she could have a tablespoon of it but she couldn't spit it out.

I thought this was going to be the perfect lesson, but of course, I was wrong.  Turns out, my child has an affinity for lemon juice concentrate and she kept asking me for more!  I put some on the spoon and Spencer ate  it like she would  chocolate pudding - in one big gulp.  She smacked her lips a few times and squinted her eyes in quiet contemplation before asking me for "more, please."  I thought that maybe, somehow, there was some switcheroo at the lemon juice factory and lemonade was actually resisding in my bottle- so I tasted it.  Yep, it was super sour lemon juice concentrate and Spencer liked it.

Lemon Lesson: FAIL

post signature

6 comments:

King J's Queen said...

When E was younger, she would do the same, and would eat lemons too. The dentist insisted we put a stop to the lemon eating. She also had a fondness for jarred garlic. So gross! But, she loved the stuff.

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I had a biter. We tried everything to get him to stop, finally resorting to this tidbit of advice "Everytime he bites someone he has to bite a lemon." Turns out the kid loved lemons...so that whole idea went kaput. Didn't slow him down in the least.

Annie said...

haha, i'm sorry but i think it's too cute that she loves lemon concentrate! ;)

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh gosh! I love this story.

Karrie said...

I seriously just shivered at the thought! ! ! ! ! !
PUCKER!

Shoshanah said...

How funny! I know when I was younger I used to cut lemons in half sprinkle sugar on top and love liking it off. Of course it was more sweet than sour, but it just doesn't sound very appetizing now

Post a Comment