Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The World Keeps Spinning

January and I are still on bad terms.  This week, a friend's mom passed away very suddenly and so did the dad of one of my brother's friends.  It's also the anniversary of this wonderful man's death. Dying, Death, The End.  I don't like any of it, in fact, I hate it.

It's not as if my world has stopped spinning because of the loss of these people- and that's the part I can't wrap my head around.  For some people, the world as they know it is over and it will never be the same again- but for me, nothing has really changed.  Yes, I'm sad, but my life is going on as it normally would.  I hate that we can't avoid death- I mean I really hate.  We hear of someone dying and it causes us momentary pause before feeling the sense of relief that it isn't happening to us.  But the thing is, it will happen to us one day.

Maybe it's because I lost so many people close to me in such a short period of time, that I'm keenly aware of the life altering that happens when someone you love dies.  It doesn't seem fair that your life is forever changed while the person in the car next to you is oblivious to the fact that world has stopped for someone else. Death turns life into a before and after.

post signature

1 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I am so sorry for all of your heart ache! i hope that February proves to be a turning point for the year!

Post a Comment