Thursday, June 10, 2010

She's a GLEEK

Well, we all successfully made it through the week and my brother is now a high school graduate!  The ceremony was very nice, although I got a wee bit tired of all the different metaphors used to demonstrate what role high school plays in your life.  But the worst part was all of the RUDE family members in attendance!  I thought my dad was going to have a stroke as people just kept acting like they were raised in a barn.  Some people actually talked on their cell phones, as the remained seated in their chairs, while the commencement speech was being given! And it wasn't just one or two people doing that, it was many, AND they didn't even bother to whisper. 

After it was over, my parents told my brother that he could pick any restaurant in the greater Richmond area at which we could eat lunch.  Do you know what he chose?  Any restaurant and he chooses The Olive Garden!  I was like, how can we be related?!  But it was actually pretty good and we had good service, so I can't complain too much.  After lunch we all went back to my parents house and took a nap, haha.  It was a long, exhausting, emotional day and everyone was just zonked.


We haven't done very much today, except for Spencer playing on the Slip-n-Slide for over an hour.  I found one on sale for $9 at CVS!  Worth. Every. Penny.  She calls it her slip slider and keeps asking when we can go slip sliding.  It cracks me up every time she says it!  In other Spencer news, she's officially obsessed with GLEE.  She loves to dance to all the songs, and when they're over, she says "rewind on the remote control!"  Seriously, that's what she says.  And finally, my Spencer turns three years old, one month from today. ahhhh!

post signature

4 comments:

Meg said...

That all sounds like fun! The slip and slide sounds like a perfect use of money! I think she is 2 and loves Glee, so cute!

Why do you hate the Olive Garden? I don't hear too many people say that.

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Wow, THREE? I can't believe that. You guys have a big party?

Shoshanah said...

I always wanted a slip and slide growing up but never had one. I'm sure Spencer must love the one you bought for her

Heather said...

Ahh the slip and slide. Zack just got one this weekend and he calls it his slipping slide. LOVES it!! I am 30 years old and I just went down the slip and slide for the first time last weekend... and it was fun!! :-)

Post a Comment