Monday, June 28, 2010

Whoops

I woke up this morning for the first time at 4am.  I breathed a sigh of relief- I still had two hours to sleep before we needed to get up.  Monday was my first day of my summer class and I had to be there at 8am, which meant I had to have Spencer at my aunt's house at 7:30am, which meant I needed to wake up at 6:15am if I wanted to be on time.  Which I did.

So when my alarm rang I didn't press snooze, I just rolled over, got up and got ready.  Then I went about waking up Spencer; she was not a happy camper.  A few minutes before it was time to leave I went to double check the classroom number. And that's when I saw it - Class Begins 6/29/10.  I was a bit confused for a minute because I could've sworn that today was the 28th- how could today be the 28th if class was supposed to begin on the 29th?  I quickly double checked the calandar and when I saw that today was in fact the 28th of June, not the 29th, I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs.

It was 6:45am, Spencer was awake, I was awake, and I didn't have class.  Could it be any worse?  Now it's ten in the morning and we have exhausted all of our usual activites.  In these 3+ hours we've read, watered the plants, watched Dora, made breakfast, swam in the pool, colored, did bubbles, and played on the playground.  I am SO annoyed with myself for not looking at this last night.  I was just SO sure that class began on Moday that I never bothered to double check the dates. 

Lesson.
Learned.


post signature

8 comments:

Meg said...

Oh no...that sucks. Enjoy your start of classes tomorrow. :)

~Meg @ "Through the Roses"

moosmamma said...

I've so been there done that.... grrrr.... least it'll likely be an early bedtime for her??? Lookin on the bright side.... : )

Hayley said...

Oh, that sucks. I would be mourning the loss of the extra sleep! lol welp tomorrow you'll have the routine down!

sara said...

That's awful! I'd be so pissed about being awake if I didn't have to be!!

Annie said...

oh bummer!!! i would not be a happy camper!
enjoy your day with spencer though! maybe you two can both get a long nap in today ;)

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Ugggggh. I would say give yourself permission to spend the afternoon at the movies!

moosmamma said...

I posted a lil ol award on my blog for ya...

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Boo! Sorry for the blunder... just don't sleep in tomorrow!

Post a Comment