Thursday, November 6, 2008

5 Year Reunion

Does anyone ever think about, or is scared, that if a younger version of yourself met the 2008 version, they would be disappointed?

I just got a letter in the mail from William and Mary and I kinda freaked the frak out. 5 years? That means I graduated from high school 9 years ago (8 yrs currently). How is that possible when I can still remember outfits I wore on certain days?

The main reason this is so upsetting is that if the Katie graduate of 2004 met the Katie of 2008, she would FREAK, like want to curl up and stop living. I haven’t really met any of the goals I had planned for myself. Granted, I had a baby and that derailed a lot of plans, but still. I haven’t changed the world or made my mark.

I have never wanted to be famous, not once has that crossed my mind. I did want to be someone who changed the world in some way for the better. I wanted the right people to know who I was, to say that I made a difference.

I’m glad that I have a year to work on this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment