Saturday, November 1, 2008

Boost Your Brain Power

  1. Use your non-dominant hand when possible, ex. put your fork in your left/right hand while eating.
  2. Get a lot of sleep and power nap when possible
  3. Block one of your senses, ex. Watch tv on mute, eat blindfolded, watch tv blindfolded.
  4. Learn how to juggle.
  5. Stand up straight
  6. Start a hobby
  7. Create lists that go beyond the grocery store, ex. Top 20 Favorite Songs, If my life were soundtrack it would be..., 100 Things to do Before I meet JC
  8. Take something you really believe in and argue against it
  9. Turn your desktop wallpaper upside down
  10. In addition to crossword puzzles, do logic games, mine sweeper, risk, and sudoku



My Papa on my mom’s side died of Alzheimer’s Disease, as did my Grandma on my father’s side- not to mention the many other great aunts, great uncles, and cousins who also met their fate through the terrible disease.

I figure the odds are stacked against me genetically, but I’m going to do everything humanly possible to try and not let it get me. My brain in probably my best asset, next to my eyes, and the idea of losing control of it scares the shit out of me. So I’m always looking for ways to increase my brain power- I do multiple crossword puzzles day- and look for ways to put of the age at which I get the BIG A.

0 comments:

Post a Comment