Monday, November 24, 2008

The Post I Haven't Wanted to Write

I really didn't want to write this post, but it seems to be an issue for a lot of other people- much more than it is for myself. My ex-boyfriend is getting married today.

I have had years to come to the conclusion that ( for his privacy I'll change his name, but if you know me then you should be able to figure it out) Tim and I were not destined for forever. I guess you could say that when I decided to have Spencer I also decided that Tim and I were not going to have a future. We hadn't been together in years, but it was still something for me to consider when I made that choice, and for me it WAS a choice. With almost everyone telling me to end it, it was something that I considered. And while there was a lot that I had to ask myself about what I wanted out of life, ultimately I knew that if I went ahead with it, there would be nothing that would ever come of Tim and I, marriage wise. It seems that not many other people figured this out because for the past month so many people have been asking me if I'm okay, etc. One person even said, "oh, I'm so sad, I just realized that Tim and Katie aren't going to get married!"

I realize that everyone has my feelings at heart, but really, I'm fine. Yes, we dated for 9 years, but that was 5 years ago. I've had time, space, and a kid. I'm adjusted, I'm okay. What worries me the most in all of this is my friendship with his sister, my best friend. I don't really believe that anything could ever come between us, but it still scares me. When I woke up today the first thing I thought of was "how much longer til Spencer wakes up?" Then it was "who is going to be on The View today?" It was probably a good three hours before I realized it was Tim's wedding day. The second thing I am least looking forward to is the barrage of FaceBook pictures from the wedding that are going to pop up on my news feed. I am just fine with knowing that he's married, I don't really need to see the evidence, you know?

So, to reiterate one more time, I'm fine! I'm not just saying that, I really am. I wish him all the happiness in the world and I hope that is what he's found. I'm not secretly wishing him ill will while writing this either, I genuinely am happy for him. And they lived happily ever after. The End.


0 comments:

Post a Comment