Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nie Nie

I am currently consumed by the story of Stephanie and Christian Nielson. Stephanie is a popular "mommy blogger" who was in a terrible plane crash with her husband Christian. She was burned on more than 80% of her body and spent three months in a chemically induced coma. Her husband is doing much better and is in out patient rehab.

If you have never read her blog, you should. It's http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

She has such a positive outlook on life and mothering. A lot of people write about how to get through the day when you're a mom, but when you read her site it's about how to fill each day with as much love as possible. I have never seen or read anything like it. I have gone back and read her archives and I burst into tears quite a few times, knowing how everything turns out, it breaks my heart for her and her family.

This entire weekend her family has been in my thoughts. I can't shake the feeling that I need to be living in the moment, not in the past or future, I don't know what tomorrow brings. It's rare that I say, or write, that someone has made me want to be a better person, but it's happened- and my new goal is to treat each of my days as a gift.

1 comments:

Maisy said...

Hey again Katie~
She has had the effect on SOOOOO many people. I'm sure you have been changed....as I have.....from reading her blog. Hope you can make it through the whole thing. It's quite impressive.

Post a Comment