Monday, March 22, 2010

A Girl's Best Friend

Meet Leah.  

She is Great-Gran's 10 month old Shih-Poo.  For those of you not familiar with the all-of-a-sudden ubiquitous "Poo" dogs- she is a half of a pure bred Shih-Tzu and half of a pure bred Tea Cup Poodle.  I was never a huge fan of these "designer dogs."  Until now.  Leah is the perfect dog!  She has her issues, as all dogs do, but she is sweet, gentle, fun, and most important- she loved my Spencer! 
 
I'm very careful with Spencer and dogs- especially small dogs, since she often mistakes them for toys.  I know she wouldn't mean to hurt a dog, but a two year old and 7lbs dog don't always make a good outcome.  But Spencer was as gentle as I've ever seen her and Leah was a happy little camper.  There were times I had to "rescue" Leah from Spencer's clutches, but that was mostly at the beginning of the week when she was figuring out her boundaries. 
When we left North Carolina yesterday, Spence kept saying "I love Leah!  I want Leah!" She talked about her in the car ride home and even dreamed about her last night.  (I know this because Spencer talks in her sleep!)  I'm thinking this might be a friendship to last span the ages...


Princess Spencer and her Little Dog, too!
post signature

8 comments:

chillynd said...

cute story! but i really noticed the new page layout - LOVE the owl and the fluer-de-lis...just missing a golden key! :P L&L

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Awe :) So cute!

Already Happy said...

Too cute! I am glad that they hit it off.

I really LOVE the new layout btw, it suits you,a nd the colors are perfect for spring!

=)

ItsKelly said...

She looks so happy with her new best friend!

Loving the new design!

Bridgit said...

cute pics!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is so cute! Kids can be taught to be gentle, and the rewards are so awesome!

KK said...

She's just the right size!

TamsJewelry said...

Beautiful children.Happy Friday follow!Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment