Monday, September 29, 2008

Wireless Internet


I have brought wireless internet to a place where dial-up is a luxury. After Baby and I left the last time, the GGP’s decided to invest in highspeed internet, not wireless though, even though they did not have a computer. I just happened to have a wireless router that I got for the new house- since we haven’t moved yet it was unopened.


I wasn’t expecting much, as my technical capabilites are average at best, but the other day we all tried to get it to work, but it kept saying that the router wasn’t supported by the connection. If I know that there is something that can be done that isn’t being done, it drives me CRAZY. So this morning I had a few minutes to myself, and I sat down, armed with instructions and mass amounts of determinations. Forty-five minutes, 10 expletives, and a diet coke later- SUCCESS. I am now typing this 25 feet away from the router and modem, rather than beging constrained by a 3 foot ethernet cable.
This may seem like a minor accomplishment in the great scheme of things, but it’s much more than just wireless internet. I worry a lot that I am going to need help doing things because I can’t, don’t know how, not smart enough, etc. So whenever I get something done that I didn’t think I could do by myself, I get really excited. Like the first time I made a slutty Catholic school costume all by myself- but that story is for another time.

1 comments:

I'll have to say I love you in a song... said...

Some things in your posts just make me lol. You're a beautiful writer.

Post a Comment