Sunday, September 7, 2008

Old Time Religion Part 2

Today we went to church. Everyone was really nice to us, I can’t complain about that. And because I fear the wrath of God I don’t want to say anything negative about the experience, because they were really nice. Let me just say that fornication, AIDS as punishment for immorality, the disbelief in global warming, and the homosexuals polluting Earth, was just the tip of the iceberg. I grew up listening to this stuff, so it wasn’t a huge shock to hear it- the jarring part was the length of the service: 3 HOURS! I can only take so much hellfire and brimstone before I start twitching. I felt guilty about this involuntary jerking of mine because everyone was just so kind. Oh, the inner turmoil of my conflicted soul/psyche.


Despite all my complaining, I really am having a nice time here. All of my grandparents have passed on, but when I’m here, I feel the same way I used to feel around them. It’s such a nice and comfortable feeling that I miss so much. I think that's why I like Lifetime movies so much; my Mema and I always watched them together, or the Hallmark movies. Gran likes them too, and when we watch them together I feel closer to my Mema.

0 comments:

Post a Comment