Monday, April 12, 2010

500

And I now have 500 posts!  I really can't believe that I've managed to write that much since I started this blog on September 7, 2008.  I'm usually very good at beginning new projects, it's just the continuing, keeping up with, and the follow through that gives me the problem.  I didn't know what to except when I decided to start writing about our life, but I certainly never imagined I would write 500 posts, or that I'd "meet" so many amazing women.

About a year I was asked to write about my blogging philosophy.  This was my answer:

It should be an expression of who you are, who you want to be, and how you're getting there. Blogging provides a platform where you should stay true to who you are, listening and considerate of others and their opinions, but a place where you're not afraid or ashamed to be truthful and upfront about philosophies, beliefs, issues, ethics, humor, personality, and art.

I write about our world (mine and my daughter's) and I write about our world (the one everyone shares and lives in together). I like to write about things that make me happy, things that outrage me, ways to make a difference- how to do something meaningful, pop culture, figuring out how to be the best mom possible without losing myself in the process, and proving everyone wrong who said my story would be over if I had my daughter.


So on this day, the occasion of my 500th post, I'd like to know your philosophy and tell me something that you like about this blog of mine!  And for your viewing pleasure, here are some links to some past important posts.  Thank you for reading and for sharing your life with me.


Some of my more popular posts: (You may notice that some of them may only have a few comments, but back in the day a few comments was like hitting the mother lode!)



post signature

7 comments:

KK said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment to keep it up with your already busy life.

Annie said...

wow, that is a lot of posts!!
i think it's great that you have been keeping track of your life that long! :) you are a busy momma and have accomplished a lot.

hope you have a great week hun!

p.s. love the new header!

Twee Poppets said...

Stopping by a bit late from Friday Follow! I'm following you now. Hope you'll have a chance to come follow me back! :)

http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/tweepoppets

I have a great giveaway going on right now for a $10 gift card to the Sweet as Pie Creations Etsy shop - I hope you'll come enter! :)



Congrats on 500 posts! WOW! What an accomplishment!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

yay! Congrats on 500!! Blogging started out as a way to keep track of my families milestones big and small... and even though it is still that-- I have made a lot of friends that I never thought about when I started :)

ItsKelly said...

Congrats on 500! I love your blog- it's well-written, inspirational and has great photography!

moosmamma said...

I have an award for you... if you choose to..you can pick it up at my blog: http://iloveyoutothemoonmommy.blogspot.com/2010/04/award-from-fellow-blogger-mom.html

Cuz I love reading your blog : )

Unknown said...

true religion jeans
swarovski outlet
nike air max 90
ferragamo shoes
swarovski jewelry
true religion jeans
longchamp solde
ralph lauren pas cher
replica watches
toms shoes
ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren polo shirts
oakley sunglasses
reebok shoes
mulberry handbags sale
longchamp pas cher
air max 90
prada outlet
versace sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
tory burch outlet
rolex outlet
louboutin pas cher
oakley sunglasses
rolex watches
michael kors handbags outlet
michael kors outlet
toms outlet
lacoste shirts
mbt shoes outlet
nfl jersey wholesale
oakley canada
football shirts
iphone case
oakley sunglasses
20160523caihuali

Post a Comment