Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sundry

Yesterday was not the best day.  I had to take my anatomy test at nine in the morning and it was insane!  We just had a huge test three weeks ago, four chapters/175 questions, and I incorrectly assumed this one would be shorter and not as brain numbing since it was only on two chapters.  So it was not to my delight when I saw that there were 222 questions with a two hour time limit!  About five minutes before my time was up, I still had over 30 questions unanswered and I about had a meltdown.

Thankfully, my teacher took some pity on me and told me not to worry and that I could have as much time as I needed.  I guess I looked at her strangely, because she then informed me that of the 10 people who had already taken the test, the average grades were between a 40 and 50! (We take the tests by ourselves at a scheduled time within a couple of days window)  I was definitely glad to have the extra time, but it freaked me out that everyone had done so poorly.  When I was finally finished with it, my brain actually hurt.

Then I had to pick up Spencer from my mom's house and my mom was not happy that I'd been gone so long- since I had told her it would be about two hours.  I was like, are you kidding me?  It's not like I was out shopping or hanging out with friends and lost track of time- I was taking a test.  A TEST!  She didn't seem to understand the difference; I told her two hours and by the time I got back to her house it had been almost three and half hours.  So this did not put me in a good mood. Not. At. All.  And then, after my brain was telling me it needed a nap, I couldn't, as I had another test last night in my sociology class!  That one went swimmingly, but still.  Today has been much better, although I'm still kind of wiped out. 

So now that I've had my little rant/pitty party, I will move on to other things- like Easter!  This Easter was much better than last year, by about a gazillion.  Spencer didn't have any meltdowns and she was pretty happy almost the entire day.  Well, she was a little upset and confused about why the Easter Bunny didn't leave any baby bunnies for her, but she got over it, ha!  She kept telling everyone on Saturday that "A wabbit is coming!"  On Sunday morning she was very happy with her all of the treats in her basket, but she kept asking me "where's the wabbit?"  When I showed her the stuffed animal rabbit, she shook her had and looked at me like I was not the most intelligent being.  She then very adamantly told me "No, mommy, where's the weal wabbit?"  I didn't want her to have a temper tantrum before church, so I did what any good parent does and I waved the chocolate bunny in front of her and all was right again.

Then we went to church and they had an egg hunt for all the little kids.  She started off doing really well, running around and grabbing eggs left and right.  Then she saw another kid was eating a piece of candy and she it was like she had an epiphany: there were treats in the eggs!  So she plopped her bottom on the ground and began chowing down.  I let her open a few, but then I stealthily took it away and turned her in the direction of the slide, where a few of the kids were playing. You know Spencer and her love for slides, and she zoomed over to it.  I was pretty proud myself- two potential crises averted! 

After the service was over we went home so Spencer could take a nap before Easter dinner.  Oddly enough, she kept sleeping and sleeping and sleeping and didn't want to get up.  After two and half hours I gently woke her and she said, "I don't want to get up, I seepy."  That's the first, and I'm sure the last, time those words will ever come out of her mouth!  I finally managed to coax her up with assurances that "The Wabbit" had left some more surprises for her at my aunt's house.  This was a-okay with her and we made it over to my aunt's and Spence got to do another(!) egg hunt.  When dinner was over she kept trying to find more eggs, so I re-hid a few more so she could re-find them.  I was worried she was going to go into sugar shock, but as soon as we got in the car she fell right asleep.  Which was good for me, since I had a lot of studying to do.

And that was Easter!  Holidays are getting to be much more fun now that Spencer can understand what's going on and that if she's a good girl she'll get some treats/presents.  It's also probably my most effective means of behavior control, haha. Is that really wrong?


post signature

5 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Hey, I always say, "If it works, USE it!" Glad the "good girl = gifts" lessons WORK!!

Cheers!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I agree...whatever works to keep teh tantrums at bay during a holiday-- is fine! :) Sounds like you had a great time!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Ugh, sounds like a DAY. I am not a good test taker so that would have set me over the edge. Is it really only Tuesday?!

Hang in there!!

Already Happy said...

"Big girl" holidays seem like a lot of fun.The "weal wabbit" thing is too cute!

And I am sorry your mom was a little dissappointed, especially when you were between tests.

Hopefully the anatomy grade cheers you up!

Family-Friendly Product Reviews said...

You've got a really great blog here!

Happy FF! I'm your newest follower! If you can, please follow me too at http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

Have a great day!

Post a Comment