Monday, February 15, 2010

Bullet Point Monday

I have a lot going on today, so I have to bring back the bullet points.  For some reason it's a lot easier (and quicker) to write out my thoughts this way rather than in real sentence/paragraph form- even though my bullet points are always complete sentences and usually become a mini paragraph unto themselves.  Go figure.  So here it goes!
  • I have a test tonight in Sociology.  I'm not too concerned, but I missed class last week because I was sick and I never like to take a test when I've missed the preceding class.  But since our notes are on Blackboard I have no excuse for not taking the test or doing well on it.
  • Yesterday my aunt took Spencer and I to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch since my parents were out of town with my brother.  Because we had on red (for Valentine's Day) we each got a $5 off coupon for the next time we eat there!
  • I made Spencer brownies from scratch in the shape of hearts for the yesterday.  They turned out quite delicious, but now all she can talk about is wanting to eat chocolate cake.  Ex. Me:  Holiday of Love Spencer, what would you like for breakfast?  Her:  Chocolate cake. This afternoon- Me:  I'm making macaroni and cheese for lunch.  Her:  NoI want chocolate cake!  Me:  After you eat your lunch.  Her:  No No No No No!!  Chocolate cake then cheese!  Pweese! 
  • I can't get enough of the Olympics and especially Apolo Ohno!  I cry every during ever single montage.  I could not control the water works when Alex Bilodeau won Canada's first ever gold medal at a home Olympics.  And it got worse when he said he did it for his brother, who has cerebral palsy and can hardly walk.  He talked about what an inspiration his big brother was to him and how he never complains about his lot in life  Then it turned into a full on, I need a tissue type of crying, when they panned onto the crowd and you see his brother standing at the finish line crying cheering like crazy, just as Alex runs up to him and they hug.  Seriously, if you didn't watch it last night, you can read about it here. But grab a tissue because it's a tear jerker!
  • I got the best comment from my bloggy friend Sarah the other night and it made my day.  It was regarding my new Olympic Crush, Apolo (We're on a first name basis).  She wrote "I hope he reads your blog and takes you out for dinner :)"  Awww!   
  • And now for your enjoyment and amusement- a picture of me, circa 1990, at my ice skating recital- where I had a teeny tiny solo moment, which seemed HUGE to my 8 year old self.  (Don't laugh too much!)

post signature

7 comments:

Meg said...

I like the bullet point thing, because I agree it might be quicker to do bullets then paragraphs.

Love the picture, too cute! I also hope he reads your blog and takes you out to dinner. :) That rocks that you have a $5 off coupon. How fun! Good luck on your test--I'm sure you'll do fine.

Unknown said...

Cute pic!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

I think the blog world is small enough that we can make it happen!!

I literally just watched the NBC story on that brother with cerebral palsy. Ball of tears. What a great story. I love the Olympics!!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I love bullet points, and the picture is great!!

KK said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

nfl jerseys
michael kors factory outlet
nike kobe sneakers
michael kors outlet online
chrome hearts online store
fitflops
mlb jerseys authentic
cheap oakley sunglasses
tiffany and co outlet
ralph lauren polo shirts
chrome hearts online
cheap oakley sunglasses
chrome hearts wholesale
toms outlet store
jordan retro
michael jordan shoes
ralph lauren uk
michael kors handbags sale
air jordan retro
jordans for cheap
michael kors outlet
oakley store online
tiffany and co outlet online
ugg outlet
michael kors handbags
retro jordans
michael kors outlet online
nfl jerseys
oakley sunglasses
air jordans,cheap air jordans,air jordan shoes,air jordan 11,air jordan 13,air jordan 6,air jordan 4
tiffany and co outlet
kobe basketball shoes
discount sunglasses

Unknown said...

ferragamo outlet
cheap nba jerseys
coach outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet stores
ray ban sunglasses
prada shoes
louis vuitton
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
chanyuan10.06

Post a Comment