Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Saw the Sign

When I got home from my class last night it was pretty late, almost 10pm.  I quickly tried to get Spencer settled and ready for bed, but she was pretty wound up- which translates into I needed to rock her to sleep or else she'd be up forever.  So there she is in my arms, thrashing about and struggling to regain her freedom as I silently counted to ten and concentrated on breathing through my nose. And then all of a sudden she just stopped.  Not a move or a sound was she making.  I opened my eyes to see her staring transfixed on the ice skaters from last night's Olympic Pairs Final.  Her eyes would great really wide and whenever the skaters did something she liked, she'd say "Ohhh WOW!"  And within a few minutes her eyelids started drooping and she fell fast asleep.

Now in my world, that's what I call an Ace of Base, I saw The Sign kinda sign-  it was as if the Lord Himself was commanding me to give Spencer ice skating lessons!  And who am I to question what He has clearly ordered me to do?  So just as soon as I was able so slip Spence out of my arms, I went on a quest to find a place where she could take lessons.  I can't even tell ya'll just how excited I am by what I found.  I started getting a little discouraged because all the websites for the different rinks around here kept saying that the youngest group was ages 4-6.  But I didn't give up and that's when I found this:
I signed her up as soon as I found it!  Did you see that wonderful sentence at the top? In case you missed it, it says "Join us on the ice with your Pre-Schoolers!"  I get to ice skate too!  We get to ice skate together! It's a great price AND I get to buy her a cute little ice skating outfit!! (In my heart, each of those three sentences I just wrote actually has about 50 exclamation following them, but for the sake of your eyes and sanity, I tried my best to limit them, haha!) The whole thing sounds like so much fun and I really hope Spencer likes it.  If my eight year old self could see this I think she'd be pretty pleased.
 
post signature

12 comments:

Annie said...

oh how fun!! i'm sure she is going to have a great time! you have to take pics! she is going to look so cute on her skates :)

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

SPENCER FOR GOLD IN 2030!!

(And yes, I will be singing that song alllllll day.)

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

That is so great!! The price seems so cheap too! What fun!

T + 2 said...

Oh how fun!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Heather@WHMB said...

How cute and how fun! Can't wait to see pics. Good for you mama.

Hayley said...

How fun! And cheap. Nice. I truly believe that someone needs to go with you to man the camera.

Micha said...

YAY!!! This is awesome!

I took lessons in high school and it was a blast. There was a mom there with her son a little younger than Spencer and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Pictures!!!!

Melissa said...

That sounds like a blast!!! Oh, she'll love it. What great memories you will be making! (I could add a couple exclamation points also but I won't.)

Already Happy said...

So much fun :)

Mrs. Walk said...

That is PERFECT!! Can't wait to see pics of Spencer in her ice skating costume!

Shoshanah said...

I'm sure that'll be so cute! Hope it turns out to be as fun as you're hoping. And more importantly, I hope Spencer enjoys it

KK said...

How fun!

Post a Comment