Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy February Birthday to Me

Since I lamented in quite a few posts about getting older, turning 28, but still feeling like a teenager on the inside, then I'm sure you've realized that my birthday was months ago.  And if you didn't know that, well now you know I'm four months into this 28th year of mine, although I tend to see it as six months until my 29th and just a measly 18 months until the big three-oh.  So how is it my birthday in February?

Because back in October my bestie had just had her second child and was now the mother of a newborn and a 14 month old.  But somehow, even in that new baby state of haziness, she was able to think about me and my birthday and she got us tickets to see:


Tegan & Sara for when they were coming to Richmond in February. (We both love them) And that just happens to be tomorrow!  So we're going to a concert- just the two of us.  She even called my mom to see if she'd watch Spencer for me! It's a real girls night out and I'm so excited.  Sara and I haven't been to a concert together in years- like almost a decade- and we looked like this back then:

(a game played during a youth group meeting)

We were just silly goofy kids.  And now we're both moms.  
But always best friends.  
Forever Friends. 
post signature

4 comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

30 was my favorite year even though I dreaded it. It was fantastic. Have a great time at the concert.

Mrs. Walk said...

We all went to that DMB concert at VA Beach at the beginning of freshman year... that was what, September 2000? Oh my gosh you're right that WAS a decade ago. Waahhhhh we're so old!

Sarah @ Preaching In Pumps said...

Everyone needs friends like that, I'm convinced. Happy celebrating!!

KK said...

Old friends are the best!

Post a Comment