Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's About Time

Kacie over at And Baby Makes Two gave me the Beautiful Blogger award.  Thank you Kacie!  Go over and check out her blog if you get a chance.  I haven't done an award post in awhile because I usually forget or I get started on the topic and then can't finish or (insert many excuses).  So I'm going to try and do better.

The Rules:
  • Thank the person who nominated you.
  • Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
  • Link the person who nominated you.
  • List 7 interesting things about yourself.
  • Nominate 7 other beautiful bloggers.
I think I might be running out of interesting things about myself, but I'm going to try!

1.  I know every single word to Salt-n-Pepa's Shoop and can sing the whole song without any help from background music. When it first came out, I was in the 5th grade and not allowed to listen to music like that.  Everyone of my friends knew the words and I was feeling all left out.  So one day I taped it off the radio and then would listen to it a sentence at a time until I could figure out what they were saying and memorize it.  So after a lot of rewinding, and I mean a lot, I had memorized the entire song. (How incredibly dorky was that?!)  Imagine how much easier that would have been if the internet had been around and I could've just looked up the lyrics online? haha, But the whole song is now permanently embedded in my brain.

2.  I got to interview the President of Zanzibar, Amani Abeid Karume, when I was in college. Except I wasn't allowed to ask him anything that might be perceived as negative, which really annoyed me.

3.  I wear flip flops year round and always have.

4.  I had a crush on He-Man when I was really little and when I found out he was just a drawing I was heart broken.

5.  I like the way pears taste but I can't bear to eat them because I hate their texture.

6.  I have a minor obsession with the Duggars.  I am fascinated by them- I just can't turn away from watching.

7.  One of my pet peeves is when people use fabric softener on towels because it makes it next to impossible for them soak up water.  Use extra dryer sheets!




I'm going to disobey the rules and nominate everyone who is on my roll call on the sidebar.  I think you are all amazing ladies and beautiful bloggers!

post signature

10 comments:

Renee said...

Congrats! I wear flip flops year round and I have a SIL who uses softener on her sheets! The only one I've ever known who does that...ick :)

Small Town Girl said...

Congrats Katie! I wear my flip flops year round as well and have stocked up on them for this year ha..Thanks so much for posting a comment on my last post was wondering if anyone ever reads my blog girl that is awesome that you have been to that Comp. and hair spray oh yes girl it was everywhere ..And all the glitter!Was a great weekend but a really long one still trying to rest up in between work..Hope you drop back by have a great day and I was also wondering how to link someone else to your blog if I wanted to write about someone and they have a blog and I want to tell them to check it out how do I do that thanks for everything..

Melissa's Thoughts said...

HAHAH ~ I wear flip flops all year too. My parents do that with their towels and I told them next time I was bringing my own towels.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I am with you on 5, 6 & 7! Though I cannot wear flip flops year round-- it is -8 today, my toes would freeze off LOL!

T + 2 said...

Ah ha ha ha I was IN LOVE with He-Man too! I had every intention of marrying him when I grew up which may or may not have something to do with the ridiculously high standards I now set for men I date hmmm. ;)

Melissa said...

Its always fun to read about others. Great post. We are thinking Easton but we still aren't for sure. I guess will have to wait and see... ahhh, only 6 more days. I'm stoked!

KK said...

You are a beautiful blogger indeed!

Shoshanah said...

I definitely have a mild Duggar obsession as well. But how can you not? There show is far too addictive.

Anonymous said...

nfl jerseys
michael kors factory outlet
nike kobe sneakers
michael kors outlet online
chrome hearts online store
fitflops
mlb jerseys authentic
cheap oakley sunglasses
tiffany and co outlet
ralph lauren polo shirts
chrome hearts online
cheap oakley sunglasses
chrome hearts wholesale
toms outlet store
jordan retro
michael jordan shoes
ralph lauren uk
michael kors handbags sale
air jordan retro
jordans for cheap
michael kors outlet
oakley store online
tiffany and co outlet online
ugg outlet
michael kors handbags
retro jordans
michael kors outlet online
nfl jerseys
oakley sunglasses
air jordans,cheap air jordans,air jordan shoes,air jordan 11,air jordan 13,air jordan 6,air jordan 4
tiffany and co outlet
kobe basketball shoes
discount sunglasses

raybanoutlet001 said...

chaussure louboutin
michael kors handbags
supra shoes
michael kors handbags outlet
ralph lauren outlet
birkenstock sandals
nike tn
ed hardy uk
michael kors handbags wholesale
ed hardy

Post a Comment