Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life- Go To Recipe


This week on Show Us How You Live, the topic of the day is our "go-to" recipe. I'm not much of a cook, but I've made this recipe many times and it's easy and delish!


Hidden Valley Ranch Crispy Chicken

1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. corn flake crumbs
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 pkg. of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix (powder)
Make sure that you use the powdered mix and not the actual dressing. It's in the same aisle as the regular ranch.

Combine corn flake crumbs, Parmesan cheese and dressing mix in a zip-lock baggie- set aside. Melt butter. Dip chicken in melted butter and then coat chicken with crumb mixture. Put the piece of chicken in the baggie (one at a time), seal it up, and shake it until it's coated. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


I like to cut my chicken breasts in half to make them thinner, so if you do that, it doesn't need to cook for 45 minutes. For me, it's 25-30mins, but if you make this way, just see what works for you and your oven.
That's it- Enjoy!


**More Show You How I Live Posts**

post signature

17 comments:

Tina said...

This sounds good and pretty simple!! Perfect for me! I don't think you can go wrong using ranch dressing mix on anything!!

Monica said...

Sounds good!I'm gonna have to try that

KK said...

Mmm that sounds good!

Kathryn said...

This is making me hungry! And it sounds so easy! I can't wait to try it!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

That sounds really good! I have all the ingredients, I might have to try that next week!

Heather@WHMB said...

Mmmmmm, I love anything with ranch!

chillynd said...

i'll have to try it out!

Melissa said...

I'll be trying that really soon. Sounds great! Thanks. Our little one is due March 13 but because this is my third c-section we'll take the baby the first week of March. I'm so excited to find out what this little baby is!! :)

Theta Mom said...

I am not much of a cook, either but this I can handle! :)

Your blog is so adorable, I am following. :)

Kari said...

We pretty much eat chicken around here all the time, so you know I'll be making this. Something different then grilled chicken. I'm not good at being creative, so getting people's recipes is soooo nice right now.

Clueless_Mama said...

I think this sounds yummy. I love chicken and ranch so I bet this would be a hit around my house :) I am following :)

Ashley said...

I'm all about some simple, delicious recipes. It sounds great! Thanks for sharing. :)

kelly said...

yum! this is one i need to try!

Sherri said...

This is my son's absolute favorite chicken recipe. My mom used to make it for us growing up and I had totally forgotten about it until a couple of years ago.

ItsKelly said...

Sounds delicious! I always keep the Ranch mix on hand. It's great for making hamburgers, too!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

mmmmm. . I will be making this!

jaime said...

this sounds great and I think I'll definitely be trying it next week!

Post a Comment