Thursday, September 3, 2009

Show Us Your Life - School Pictures

This week's topic on Show Us Your Life is all about your school pictures. I'm not sure if this means first day of school pictures, yearly pictures, or just plain old embarrassing pictures from the "ugly years." In the spirit of openness, sharing, and some loud laughs at my expense, I'm posting a wide variety :)
Just to warn you, give you a heads up, I started off cute. Some (me) might say adorable. Then came the ugly years. Or as my family calls it, "the awkward times." I rebounded okay, I guess, but those years were difficult. Well, difficult might be the understatement of the year, they were torture! I'm glad I can laugh about them now, because back then, to me, it was NOT funny.

I know this isn't a school picture, but it will help you appreciate the later years more!
What a cute kid I was! This was after the first day of school in kindergarten.




3rd Grade, I was 9 years old. This was the last "semi cute" picture I would take until I was 14. That's 5 years of bad pictures!


I can't believe I'm putting this out there for the world to see. 3rd Grade talent show.



My 5th grade picture. I got the dreaded glasses, sigh. Not so cute, haha




This was in the 5th grade, too, these were taken on Valentine's Day. Just in case you wondering why I'm in ALL red.




You know you wanted a close up of this "classic picture!" haha


7th Grade. It's a little improvement, but not much.





This is probably the picture that shows the biggest jump- this was at the end of 8th grade, one year after the picture right above. I was 14.
++++

These were before my Senior year, I'm not 100% sure where exactly, but I think I'm 16 and 17, respectively. But I could be wrong.




Senior year, at our last game. I'm third from the right.




High School Graduation



My 20th birthday




Last day of my Junior year of college- 21 years old



College Graduation



Me now. 27 years young!


**More Show You How I Live Posts**

My Baby Shower
Favorite Vacation Spot
I Have a Child. The Jig is Up.
Here Comes the Maid Of Honor
post signature

10 comments:

KK said...

Cute!! I don't think I'm brave enough.

SarahMerritt said...

WOW you are PRETTY! My hubby said you kind of looked like Chealse Clinton in your senior pictures...
Sarah

Bernie said...

These are great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I just found your blog. I am trying to figure out what MHS stands for. I went to Yorktown.

Thanks for sharing!

Tara G. said...

That time between 4th grade going into high school is just plain rough! Seriously, I have thought about how I can make my own children's photos look better when their time comes! :) You were adorable and I like the red dress!

Shoshanah said...

You were so cute growing up! And for some reason, I especially love the balloon in your kindergarten picture

Kari said...

I'm not sure I could find as many photos as you! Fun to look at. I was a pom my senior year. Absolutely the best year of high school for me!

Bridgette said...

Great pictures! I LOVE the first one, how cute!!!

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

You're beautiful! Love the pictures :)

Kelly said...

You are beautiful! The middle school years were rough for me. I left the house every morning thinking I looked awesome, but now I look back at those pictures and wonder what I was thinking!

Claire said...

Oh the middle years...we all have them, right?

Cxx

Post a Comment