Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 6 Auditions

Auditions are starting off in Phoenix, Arizona and Mia Michaels is the guest judge. Did ya'll hear the news today about the 3rd permanent judge? Apparently the powers that be decided that they needed a permanent judge instead instead of a roving one and Adam Shankman is the newbie. I'll be interested to read why they decided to do that.


Sasha Mallory - First Love by Adele - She had some pretty powerful jumps, I wasn't a huge fan of her routine, but I have a feeling that she's a pretty amazing dancer. She made it to Vegas in Season 4, but she was only 18 then, and she thinks she's better prepared this year.

Snippets Of:

Katie Muth

Ellie Soto

Allison Becker - You Found Me, The Fray - She's deaf! She doesn't have the best technique, but it's obvious that she loves dancing. You wouldn't be able to tell that she's hearing impaired by the way she dances. Mary begins to cry because she had a deaf cousin who wasn't able to see the joy in life. They put her through to the choreography round and then to Vegas.

Jacob Jason & Willem de Vries -Make You Feel My Love, Adele- A same sex couple- we all know how Nigel feels about that! I actually thought they were pretty good, it was certainly passionate. Mary and Mia both begin to cry because of their courage and passion. Nigel thanks them for showing him that same sex male ballroom dancers can be very strong and very good. he then asks them to go to the choreography round and then they both go to Vegas!

Jarvis Johnson - Hit the Dance Floor - Unk - He has some pretty sick moves and he's super hyper, like a ball of energy on crack times twenty. He does an impressive Moonwalk and actually dances right out of his shoes. I had fun watching him dance. Nigel calls him a dancing fool and he gets sent to the choreography round. He collapses during that round and then goes home.

Montage of Bad Dancers. There's a lot of referencing to the aliens having landed. And there are a lot of strange dancers.

Kelsey White - Only Fools Rush In - Ingrid Michaelson - Lovely dancing, nothing too special. She tells Nigel that the aliens have kidnapped her once before and Nigel walks off stage. They put her through to choreography. They want her to try out next year- she doesn't go on.

Jonathan "Legacy" Perez - Watch Me Now - He's a b-boy dancer and quite phenomenal at it! I really enjoyed watching his routine and he gets sent right through to Vegas.

That's it! Next week auditions are on the East Coast.

post signature

3 comments:

K-Dizzle said...

Thanks for this post, I was looking for a couple of these songs that were on So You Think You Can Dance. The performance with the deaf girl was so emotional, it was nice to see someone with so much love for somethign.

Anonymous said...

I would have to say the same thing kenneth said about Alison she has the most intentionality I've ever seen not only does she show her love for dance she is gorgeous,absolutely the prettiest women I've ever seen though i know nothing about dance i look forward to seeing her on stage she has made me amazed talent she has it no doubt Alison find me your gorgeous I wanna take you out I'm just being honest sorry myspace nick p

KK said...

But I love Mia, I'm sad she won't be judging occasionally. It will be interesting.

Post a Comment