Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SYTYCD - Audition Recap

Since the last season of So You Think You Can Dance just ended, I'm feeling a tad worn out on doing a lengthy recap of the audition rounds. Thankfully this season they're only going to be one hour instead of two, but I've decided to just write about the dancers who make it through to Vegas. If a particular dancer is awesomely horrible, I might write about it- sometimes I just can't help myself!

This round of auditions starts off in Los Angeles, which is a departure from the norm, it usually ends there, or it's one of the last cities. I hope they don't make me fall in love with any dancer only to never show them again and then pick dancers for the Top 20 that we've never seen before. Adam Shankman is the guest judge.

Mollee Gray - Super cute girl who's been a dancer in all three High School Musicals. She just turned 18 and this was the first year she could try out.

Brief snippets of:
David Hovhannisyan
Amanda Kirby- she tried out last season and made it to Vegas, but was cut.
Brandon Dumlau

Ryan Kasprzak - (Evan's older brother who was the 21st, just missing out on the Top 20. Ugh, it still makes me mad that Tony Bellisimo made it over him) He does a very cool tap routine, a capella, and he even sings too. He was always my favorite of the brothers, so I'm very glad he's going to Vegas again. I just hope that America isn't tired of him because of Evan.

Bianca Revels- She wasn't going to try out again after getting cut last year, but she decided to give it one my try. I think that was a smart choice, because she really is a phenomenal tap dancer.


He and Bianca do a "tap off" that was pretty incredible, she does some pretty sick moves. It makes me want to break out my tap shoes and do a few time steps!

Amber Williams - Her mom was paralyzed in a freak accident during back surgery - she dances to a beautiful song that I'm going to download in minute, Always Midnight by Pat Monahan. She's a great dancer, I enjoyed watching her and she was so light on her feet, like she was floating across the floor.

Snippets of contemporary dancers:
Alexie Agdeppa
Paula van Oppen

Christina Santana- Salsa dancer, she's no Janette, but she's very cute and had some good moves, especially a nice spin. She's also a belly dancer, which of course Nigel loves and makes her do a little of.

Phillip Attmore - He's another ridiculously talented tap dancer and a great showman. I think he just might give Ryan a run for his tapping money! They know each other and tapped together when they were on tour in Fosse.

That's it, off to Glee!
post signature

4 comments:

KK said...

It just seems too soon! I do love that show though.

Annie said...

i love the try outs, mainly for the rejects though, haha!

Mollee Gray really stuck out in my mind through the show, love her! she is a doll and super talented!

Hayley said...

I just got around to watching it on my DVR and I have one thing to say:

"Seduce! Shatter, shatter, SHATTER!!!"

Bwahahahahaha I laughed my ass off. And then I thought, I have to write a comment to Katie.

chenlili said...

chenlili20150907
cheap uggs for sale
abercrombie
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
timberland outlet
louis vuitton handbags
oakley sunglasses wholesale
coach factory outlet online
hermes birkin
michael kors outlet
kobe 9
timberland boots
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
ray-ban wayfarer
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
retro jordans
michael kors uk
coach outlet online
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton online shop
abercrombie and fitch
gucci handbags
kate spade handbags
christian louboutin outlet
ed hardy outlet
nike air max
abercrombie kids
air max 95

Post a Comment