Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm a nerd at heart. I love school and learning new things and if I had my way, I'd probably be a lifelong student with a bunch of different degrees and majors. But getting back in the habit of studying, reading, and note taking hasn't been as easy as I thought it was going to be.

It's not like it's been that long since I was in school (at 25 when I was in law school) but it feels like so much longer now that I'm trying to retrain myself to get in learning mode again. Maybe it's because back then the only thing I had to was study and now I have a full time mommy job and then I have study. But I also had an active social life back then and now, not so much. To put it mildly!

I know it takes 21 days to make a habit, so hopefully things will start to feel normal after I've been at this for a little bit longer. We went to Office Depot yesterday so I could get a few things that I needed for class and lab. Spencer left the store quite happy, carrying a jumbo sized coloring book and crayons. So what did I do when we got home? Colored pictures of Dora and Diego with my girl. I hate to miss these moments of her life, it's all happening way too fast, and I feel like I need to savor every second of it. This means that I'm up past my bedtime reading my anatomy book, but that's okay with me. I just hope I can get back in the learning groove sooner rather than later.
post signature

5 comments:

KK said...

You will. I went back for my doctorate after being out of school for 6 years and it was tough at first, working and dealing with a then-husband, but you settle into a rhythm and it will be so worth it in the end!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Good for you for getting back at it! AT least it is a labor of love... for me- not so much.

Though I do LOVE to shop for school supplies :)

Annie said...

i think it's okay that you went home and colored with your little one! your life needs balance. you can color then do homework when she is off to bed ;)
you will get back into the swing of things soon enough!

Kelly said...

I'm sure you'll find your groove in no time!
I love learning too. If I had the money, I think I would just keep going and get a degree in everything!

Heather@WHMB said...

Stay the course mama - you'll do great! :)

Post a Comment