Friday, October 23, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch Birthday Trip

Our trip to the pumpkin patch was great! The weather was a perfect, breezy 78 degrees, the sun was shining, and the crowds were nonexistent. We got there around 2pm,, about an hour before the elementary schools let out, and we had the place almost to ourselves. I'm so glad we got there then, because by the time we left it was packed and the lines were long. The only complaint I have is that Spencer (who otherwise was an angel) was in one of her "I'm NEVER going to look at the camera and smile" moods. I took about 200 pictures, most of which are of the side of Spencer's face, or her back, as she'd whip right around as soon as she saw me with the camera. But if that's all I have to complain about, then I know I;m a very lucky mommy.


The outside of the Berry Farm. This is where we get all of our pumpkins, seasonal fruits,
and our Christmas tree.

There were so many pumpkins to choose from, I had a very difficult time making my decisions. I know I'd have bought many more if I could have carried them. As it was, I thought my arms were going to fall off hauling my two large pumpkins to the hay ride wagon, up to the weighing station and then to the car. I guess that's probably a good thing though, I don't really need, or can afford, twenty pumpkins, haha!


This was just a small portion of one field that they have. Unfortunately, I'm an anthropomorpher, and I kept imagining them all saying "Pick me, Pick me!"

It really was a gorgeous day. I think God was smiling on my 28th birthday :)


On the hay ride to pick out our pumpkins. Spence LOVED it! For the rest of the day, every time we'd see one passing us, she'd yell "Truckter!" and begin running towards it.


One of the rare pictures I got of her actually looking at me. I was bummed that it turned out kinda blurry, but oh well. The hay ride was super bumpy, and it was hard to keep my camera steady and focused, even in AI Servo.


Of course Spencer went right to the biggest pumpkin she saw! She spoke to it, gave it a hug, and then had me do the same. I would've taken it with us, but it was ridiculously heavy, and I just couldn't carry it. Luckily, Spence didn't seem to mind too much.

Another "Pangkin" friend she made along the way.


On our way back from the patch and she's still refusing to look at me. But she's still so darn cute.
__ 
The bunnies were a big hit with Spencer, those and the chickens were her favorites. I couldn't get any pictures with the chickens, as I was trying to keep her from getting her hands pecked. She'd run towards them, they'd run away, and she would yell "No, No, No Chickie!" The bunnies were a different story though, they really seemed to like Spencer- running up to her and staying there while they let her pet them.


There was a toddler area for the kids and they had this barrel/wagon/train ride. That's Spencer in the red barrel car. She had so much fun on this and since it wasn't crowded, the man driving the tractor, which was pulling all the cars, took them around for almost 10 minutes!


She took her driving very seriously- this was the only time she ever looked over at us! The rest of the time she was intently steering the wheel. At first I was a little nervous that she was going to be upset out there all by herself, but I was SO wrong. I think the only reason she didn't get really upset when the ride ended was because she was about to fall asleep.


And fall asleep she did! About 2 minutes into our drive home she just passed out.

I am so thankful that everything worked out as well as it did. I was a little nervous since more than a few of our outing type adventure trips often end with both of us in tears. Somehow everything just came together in the best possible way and I couldn't have asked for a better 28th birthday. This was the second year that we went to the pumpkin patch on my birthday, and I think we'll be doing it for (hopefully) many years to come!
post signature

9 comments:

Nicole said...

NOW thats a REAL pumpkin patch!! I feel so robbed lol How precious is your daughter even though she wasnt looking at you, you captured her experience well =D

Annie said...

it looks and sounds like you guys had so much fun!!
glad your birthday was great hun!! the weather looks like it was perfect :)
spencer looks adorable in all the pictures, love those piggie tails!! :)

Momma Jac said...

Okay, we don't have pumpkin patches like that in Arkansas, WOW that was real one! Love it! Spencer is the cutest little thing and you can tell how amazed and involved she was just by the pictures! I am happy ya'lls day went so well!

KK said...

She is so cute :)

Heather@WHMB said...

Those are all such great pictures! Looks like a fabuloust time for you and your baby girl. I had a similar experience with the pictures at the pumpkin patch on Sunday. I couldn't, for the LIFE OF ME, get a shot with her looking at the camera or to sit still for more than 2 seconds. Conclusion, I need a better camera. :)

Maura said...

I love this photos! So pretty. What a nice fall day! Look like a blast.

We have the same car seat in that color and all:)

chenlili said...

chenlili20150907
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet online
uggs on sale for women
adidas trainers
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
prada handbags
ugg boots
celine bags
gucci outlet
michael kors
cheap oakleys
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
coach factory outlet
coach outlet online
michael kors
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
vans shoes sale
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
longchamp soldes
ugg boots cheap
gucci bags
jordan retro 13
jordan 4 toro
ed hardy clothing

Unknown said...

201510.8dongdong
uggs sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
nike air max 90
Jordan 3 Retro 2015
louis vuitton outlet stores
ugg outlet
ugg boots sale
Canada Goose Jackets/Coats And Parka Online
Michael Kors Outlet Online Deals Huge
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Sale
Christian Louboutin Outlet Sale Cheap Online
toms outlet
Abercrombie and Fitch Women's Clothing
Canada Goose Outlet Online
Louis Vuitton Canada Official Site
canada goose
michael kors outlet
Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores Usa
Coach Outlet Handbags With Factory Price
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
Outlet Michael Kors Sale Online
fitflops sale clearance

Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
kate spade handbags
prada outlet
nike free 5
michael kors outlet online
soccer jerseys
chaussure louboutin
abercrombie and fitch
ralph lauren
chanyuan10.06

Post a Comment