Thursday, October 1, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Baby Gear


This week on Show Us How You Live we are talking about the must have and have nots of baby gear. In my opinion there are so many things that are overrated, but none more so than this.


The Wipe Warmer. It may seem lovely, to wipe your baby's bottom with something warm instead of frigid and startling, and in theory, it is. But the wipe warmers dry out the wipes so badly that you end up needing 10 times more than you regularly would. In my opinion it's just a bad buy.

This is the SwaddleMe and I would recommend it to anyone. They make the perfect swaddle that your baby can't break out of and they warm without being bulky. Plus they are very reasonably priced so you won't break the bank by buying a few!

The Bumbo Seat is also a must have! I don't know what mothers did before the Bumbo, but it's not overrated and worth every penny. You just have to be careful with them in it after a certain age, because they will flip it in order to get out. Which isn't a problem as long as they aren't on a high surface. (Look at how little and cute her feet were!!)



**More Show You How I Live Posts**



post signature

7 comments:

Helen Joy said...

I never wanted a wipe warmer, but I got 3!!!! from different people. Seriously. No one gave me onezies, but I got three wipe warmers?!
They are terrible. I used one for like 3 weeks to appease my sister (one of the givers), they are such a pain and I hated them.
Love the bumbo...I don't get why so many mom's say it's overrated. It's the best!
Sweet little girl you got there:-)

Annie said...

aw, spencer was just the cutest little baby!!
my nephew LOVED his bumbo too! ;)

KK said...

Love the pick of her. What a simple and great invention those things were.

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Love the SwaddleMe blanket. Where was all this stuff when Christopher was little? Oh well.

Alexandra said...

I don't have a baby yet, but half a dozen of my friends are currently pregnant AND I was a nanny for some time. I am always shocked by the breadth of items on the baby registry lists. How can one little person need so many things? I am a big person and I don't think I own that many items. In my experience as a nanny I learned that (aside from the necessities of clothes, diapers, and blankets)I love baby slings. They eliminate the need for bouncy seats, swings, and maybe even strollers.

Claire said...

Wipe warmers always seemed a little off to me. Whenever my friends have children I tend to go for onesies and a cute book!

Cxx

Rachel said...

I agree with the wipe warmer. It sounds nice in theory but I have to remember that my mother did not warm my wipes and I am not scarred for life!

Post a Comment