Sunday, October 25, 2009

You Have a Question, I Have an Answer and More

In honor of my 28th birthday: I give you a list of the most random 28 things about me that I've never written about before. Since I think I've blogged about most aspects of my life on here, making this list was really hard, I had to dig deep for some of them, ha! Ya'll know almost everything about me, hence the randomness of the list, but I think I managed to do it!


  1. I am very claustrophobic. It started when I was on a ride at a theme park and when it was over, both my seat and shoulder harnesses wouldn't open. There was some "mechanical difficulty" and I couldn't get out. To make matters worse, in trying to free me, the ride operators accidentally pushed down on my shoulder hardness too hard- just enough to make it click down a notch and get stuck there, and it very hard for me to breath. The whole incident only lasted around five minutes, but it was long enough to make me forever claustrophobic.
  2. Oddly enough, I still love all roller coasters and theme park rides, I'm not afraid to ride anything. But put me in a small elevator, or a large one with a lot of people, and I break out in a sweat- mentally preparing my escape route should something happen.
  3. In high school and college I would always wear my glasses when I wanted to be taken seriously at things like Model UN Conferences, job interviews, meetings with professors, traffic court, and whenever I had to give a speech or presentation. (It worked like a charm)
  4. I can do a very impressive British accent. During one Model UN conference, I pretended I was from England for four entire days! My team was the UK delegation and my accent ( coupled with an extensive background story, complete with British pop culture, common idioms, and slang) gave us a huge edge over the competition. I never dropped the accent, even when we were in the hotel room, because I didn't want to get out of the habit. And let me tell you, it was HARD to stop talking that way when the conference was over. I thought my friends and family were going to kill me.
  5. I get very car sick driving in the mountains, but nowhere else. Well, unless the person driving is an accelerate-break kind of driver, and then I'm a mess.
  6. I've never had stitches.
  7. Although I did have staples for my c-section, but that's it.
  8. I'm allergic to almost every antibiotic in existence. One very bad reaction when I was a kid landed me in the hospital on IV steroids. I have to be really, really sick for the doctors to prescribe me one because they don't want me to build up an immunity to the only ones I can take.
  9. I love to drive. Long road trips all by myself, listening to my iPod, NPR, or an audio book is how I like it.
  10. I can still walk on my hands across a room.
  11. I had (have) my high school's record for the sit-n-reach. I can also put both legs behind my head.
  12. During my teenage rebellious years I pierced my own ears when my parents wouldn't let me get a second earring hole. Once I saw how much I liked the second one, I got brave and did a third and fourth one in my left ear a few months later. I eventually let those close up, but I still have the second holes. And none of them ever became infected!
  13. I was grounded for that incident for a LOOONG time.
  14. I met James Brown on a trip to New York while eating dessert at the Plaza Hotel. He wore a gold lamé suit and was so nice, he even took pictures with us.
  15. I don't like ice cream. I'll eat it on some things, but I never crave it. And when I do eat it, it's only vanilla.
  16. I would love to live a small town, with twinkle lights on the trees, and little local shops you can walk to- where there's an actual community instead of suburban sprawl. Let me know if you know where one of these towns exists, please!
  17. I love crossword puzzles but I hate sudoku,
  18. I know all the of the US Presidents in the order of their terms. When I can't sleep I go through them all.
  19. If that doesn't work I name the US states and their capitals by order of their entrance into the Union. Then I do it alphabetically.
  20. After watching two of my grandparents suffer from Alzheimer's, I'm terrified of it happening to me. That's why I do many crossword puzzles and mental activities that exercises the brain.
  21. My favorite one to do, and the most difficult, is to turn one hand clock-wise while also turning the opposite foot counter-clockwise. So right hand turns right and left foot turns left- and then you switch them. It took me awhile to be able to do it!
  22. I am a firm believer in high thread count sheets. They are a little costly, but they last forever and get better with age. I never buy anything less than 500, but I prefer 800. It's the one real luxury I allow myself these days.
  23. I didn't have curly hair until I was around 8 or 9 years old. Before that it was stick straight and would NOT even hold a curl. I could sleep in rollers all night long (which I did many times) with loads of hair spray, and within two hours it would be straight again. Then it just changed, becoming a frizzy mess first, then wavy-ish, and finally curly.
  24. And then after all those years of wanting naturally curly hair, it happened; which of course meant I wanted straight hair again. I shudder to think of all the money and hours I spent over the years on straightening products and hair straightners- trying to tame my super thick, very stubborn hair into submission, before finally embracing the curls.
  25. I've gotten 3 speeding tickets, the last of which was my senior year of college.
  26. But I've never successfully been convicted of speeding. I appealed my way out of one and for the other two I found legal technicalities to argue my way out it. For one of them I requested the police officer's radar calibration records and it turned out he hadn't calibrated it at the beginning of his shift. I probably wouldn't have gone to such great lengths if it weren't for the fact that my mom said she'd take me off of their car insurance if I ever got a speeding ticket on my record.
  27. I have never found a four leaf clover.
  28. And finally... When I first watched The Wizard of Oz (age 4) I became terrified of becoming a "dwarve," ( a dwarf, or little person) as I called it. I thought I would stop growing and be like the Munchkins. For at least a year, every night, I'd make my mom promise me that I wouldn't stop growing , that I wouldn't be like the Munchkins.
Whew, I am tired- if you made it through that list I'm pretty impressed. I've been thinking about doing a question and answer post for a long time now. So if this lengthy list of Katie Randomness didn't answer your question for/about me, please ask in the comments! I'll answer all your questions in a post later on this week. Since there are some things I just don't write about on this blog, if I don't feel comfortable with a public answer, I'll send it to you in an email. So feel free to ask all those questions you've been wanting to know :)

post signature

14 comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

I get nervous in elevators too, or the backseat of a 2 door car. Can't do it. I have never in 38 years been pulled over for speeding. Daddy says it's because they can't catch me. Not true. Ha!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Wow! 18 & 19 is impressive :)

Kate in Austin said...

Hi there. Love the list. I think I'll try that for my next birthday, but I've got a few years on ya. :)
I have 2 questions. 1. Does your mom read the blog? 2. It seems like you are in touch and S has a relationship w/the PGGP's (in NC). Are the PG's or her father in the picture at all?
I hope school is going great!

ItsKelly said...

Happy Birthday!

#16 - I think the town you are looking for is called Stars Hollow! :)

KK said...

So, if you just look at 1,2 and 27 we are exactly alike (just throw out all those differences listed in the others!) Ha! This was a neat idea!

chenlili said...

chenlili20150907
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet online
uggs on sale for women
adidas trainers
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
prada handbags
ugg boots
celine bags
gucci outlet
michael kors
cheap oakleys
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
coach factory outlet
coach outlet online
michael kors
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
vans shoes sale
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
longchamp soldes
ugg boots cheap
gucci bags
jordan retro 13
jordan 4 toro
ed hardy clothing

Unknown said...

201510.8dongdong
uggs sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
nike air max 90
Jordan 3 Retro 2015
louis vuitton outlet stores
ugg outlet
ugg boots sale
Canada Goose Jackets/Coats And Parka Online
Michael Kors Outlet Online Deals Huge
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Sale
Christian Louboutin Outlet Sale Cheap Online
toms outlet
Abercrombie and Fitch Women's Clothing
Canada Goose Outlet Online
Louis Vuitton Canada Official Site
canada goose
michael kors outlet
Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores Usa
Coach Outlet Handbags With Factory Price
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
Outlet Michael Kors Sale Online
fitflops sale clearance

John said...

michael kors outlet
jordan 11
jordan concords
uggs for women
michael kors outlet online
coach outlet
louis vuitton handbags
oakley sunglasses
michael kors
toms wedges
kobe 10s
retro 11
uggs outlet
louis vuitton bags
nike running shoes for women
ugg boots
abercrombie outlet
ray ban sunglasses
hollister jeans
kobe 8
lebron 12
true religion outlet
louis vuitton purses
louis vuitton outlet stores
kobe 9
uggs on sale
gucci handbags
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren
michael kors outlet
micheael kors outlet
louis vuitton
louis vuitton handbags
cheap toms
rolex watches
ray ban sunglasses outlet
2016216yuanyuan

Anonymous said...

http://www.michaelkors-outletfactory.us.com
air huarache shoes
replica christian louboutin
michael kors outlet online
fitflops outlet
michael kors outlet
michael jordan shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
air huarache shoes
kobe byrant shoes
cheap jordans
jordan retro
tiffany jewelry
michael kors handbags
cheap true religion jeans
michael kors outlet store
oakley sunglasses wholesale
tiffany online
fitflops outlet
michael kors outlet
fitflop sandals
ralph lauren online
http://www.raybanglasses.in.net
kobe shoes
cheap air jordan
cheap oakley sunglasses
cheap uggs
kobe shoes
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet store
cheap jerseys from china
cheap oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren online,cheap ralph lauren

Unknown said...

fitflops uk
swarovski crystal
hollister clothing store
rolex watches for sale
michael kors handbags
lululemon outlet
louis vuitton bags cheap
hermes belt for sale
nike air huarache
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ray ban sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
bottega veneta outlet online
louis vuitton sunglasses
mulberry handbags
rolex watches
fitflops clearance
michael kors handbags
mulberry outlet
true religion outlet uk
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors outlet
swarovski crystal
ralph lauren polo
polo ralph lauren
tory burch outlet
oakley sunglasses uk
christian louboutin outlet
nike air max
tiffany jewellery
nike blazer pas cher
pandora outlet
longchamp pliage
nike huarache
20160523caihuali

Toom said...

This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.
free-thingsarehere.blogspot.com
freethingsdownloadfree.com
downloadanyfilesblog.ru
sinnersfiles.me
myfilesarefordownload.net
mydownlodablethings.net
youmaydownloadhere.net
torrentcube.com
getfreefileshere.net

raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap nike shoes sale
michael kors handbags sale
michael kors handbags
jordan shoes
yeezy boost 350
lebron james shoes
yeezy boost 350 white
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
cheap michael kors handbags

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

20161107 junda
louboutin pas cher
ferragamo shoes
uggs outlet
canada goose outlet
swarovski crystal
cheap mlb jerseys
true religion uk
hermes birkin
ugg boots
fitflops sale

Anna Schafer said...

Except you have been residing less than a rock, you may have probably heard of Twitter. It is a rocking warm social networking internet site that seems to be to become utilized by virtually every person currently. It is about the news, within the radio and about the minds of thousands of men and women everywhere you go, every single solitary day. There are actually a number of varieties of folks on Twitter. But, the majority of these persons are on Twitter for just a single reason. They want folks to understand about them. They need to attach with folks. Many persons.buy real twitter retweets

Post a Comment