Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Christmastime!

We had a lovely, albeit stressful, time at my aunt's house yesterday. The food was delicious and we watched Home Alone on repeat the whole day. Spencer didn't take a nap yesterday and she fell asleep on the way home at 7pm and slept the whole night through! I went to sleep almost as soon as we got home, too, and I'm feeling a tad more rejuvenated.

I'm really excited for Christmas! We watched the parade yesterday and Spencer really seemed into Santa Claus- not wailing and turning unworldly shades of red while hiding her face. So I'm taking that as a positive thing :) I've started a little of my decorating outside, a few Christmas trees and such. It takes such a long time to run all the extension cords and make sure everything is safe and secure. Once all that is done, the outdoors setup is pretty easy.

Tomorrow we're going to the PGPs for Thanksgiving with them. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on some of my school work that MUST get done this week! I'm in full on avoidance, Scarlett O'Hara, mode where that's concerned right now- I'll think about it tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a lovely Holiday and you have a great weekend.
post signature

4 comments:

Kari said...

Glad you had a great day. Home Alone on repeat is awesome!!!

Already Happy said...

Home Alone is my Christmas movie I watch on Thanksgiving too! My sister and I tried watching it last night but Gemma SCREAMED the entire time. Maybe next year she will appreciate Macaulay Culkin more!

Hayley said...

I was going to ask you why it was stressful, and then I got sidetracked. But I could've just done the math myself- two year old + busy relatives= stress...

Our holiday was laid back. We all fell asleep watching football, ha. Even Cade and the twins. The only moment of excitement- when I burnt the marshmallows on top of my candied yams. But it was like camping and actually made them even better!

Get some more rest... you have all day tomorrow for school stuff!

KK said...

I hope you have time to get your homework done. Not fair to have to worry about it over the holiday! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Post a Comment