Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Inspiring Nie

Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of Stephanie and Christian Nielson's plane crash. Every day this week I've anxiously awaited all of Nie's blog posts, each one quietly reminding me of how grateful I am for everything in my life.

In the past six months, since she's resumed blogging, her honesty and candor have been both refreshing and heart breaking. She hasn't shied away from telling the world how hard this past year has been, how difficult it was when her kids wouldn't look at her or how she felt unneeded as the world went on around her while she sat on the couch and cried.

For someone who loved being a wife and mother so much, that must have seemed like the cruelest form of irony, a horrible twist of fate. But it was her love for her family that made her keep going, made her keep pushing to heal faster- just so she could be their mother again. It's the essence of a love story, the strength and passion with which a mother loves her children- it can move mountains. And to celebrate their survival, she's literally going to climb a mountain.

Today, I feel inspired.

post signature

5 comments:

The Kramer Angle said...

I can't even imagine what she and her family have gone through the past year.

Puts life in perspective, don't you think?

Maisy said...

they also inspire me. you are so sweet to blog about this. this is why i just adore you~
xo

Hayley said...

I live so close to them and even thought about going... but that would require an insane amount of preparation. I love her blog. Oh, and yours, too. :D

Meg said...

I've been following them also, it is an incredible story and she is an incredible woman. Thank you for sharing their story with eveyone.

KK said...

That is inspiring!

Post a Comment