Thursday, August 27, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Wedding Showers

I have probably been to 20+ wedding showers, and somehow this is the only picture I can find of me at one. This was at my friend's wedding shower last year, we were playing Gift Bingo- which I won!





I've hosted three wedding showers, but those were both before I had a digital camera and the prints are no where to be found. My favorite one was probably the Lingerie Shower I had for my bestie, Sara. She's the pastor's daughter, so it was all the more enjoyable seeing her squirm as she held up these little skimpy outfits in front of family and friends!


I know that when you have your own shower you're supposed to defer to the host, but after having been to so many showers, I already know what I DO and DON'T want. (If I ever get married, that is!)

DO WANT
  • A Photographer! So many times one person gets stuck taking all the pictures and doesn't get to enjoy herself or there are no good pictures. A photographer who has no other obligation than to take good photographs would be such a great thing.
DON'T WANT

  • A Stripper! No, no, no strippers for me.
  • It to be at my house. After having birthday parties at my residence, it's just too stressful. I want to go to an alternate location.
  • Any embarrassing stories about me.
  • Lingerie. That would be too embarrassing in front of Spencer, I don't care how old she would be!


I'm not too picky, I'll leave the micro details to the host :)

post signature

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I like the idea for a photographer! It's so nice to know someone's getting all the good shots!

Micha said...

I totally agree with your list. Especially the stripper. I didn't want one but the host got one anyway - going so far as to change my guest list so there wouldn't be any minors there (leaving out my step-sister).

And a photographer is a phenomenal idea. I'll have to tuck that one away for the next shower I throw.

Todd and Courtney said...

love the photographer idea!!

Annie said...

ha, i would NOT want a stripper either!!

the photographer is a fab idea! you are thinking girly :)

Meg said...

I think hiring a photographer is a great idea, we are having ours at our showers, wedding rehearsal, obviously wedding and the morning after brunch. :)

Yay for lingerie! You should get it and just tell Spencer it is pretty PJs. :)

Shoshanah said...

I think having a photographer would be a great idea. Honestly, if I could I'd have a photographer for ANY event I was going to if it was financially possible

chillynd said...

photog is a great idea! you know - i take tons of pics of lilly and brian and IM IN NONE! im hosting my sister-in-law's shower at country club and i might just have to hire a photog! ps - who has a stripper at a shower??

Post a Comment