Thursday, August 20, 2009

Show Us Your Life - My Baby Shower



This week on Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life, the topic is baby showers. My baby shower was given to me by my best friend Sara. She did such an amazing job, especially when it came all the weird things I wanted and didn't want (Like the Chik-Fil-A chicken nuggets I had to have!) Unfortunately, I was on my death bed with a 102 degree fever and I felt a little better than I expect to feel right before I die!

Even though I was so sick, it was still wonderful, the best day of pregnancy. It was the only time my mom was nice to me for more than 50% of the day and the only day I didn't cry- not even once! It was what I had been waiting for - a day to celebrate the upcoming arrival of my precious little girl rather than hiding away in my parent's house.



This was over two years ago, so making onesies at a baby shower was still a novel idea! Everyone made Spencer a onesie and they were all so cute.





Didn't my friends do a great job? I still have all the little outfits, they meant so much to me!



Sara made the cupcakes! I was so impressed, especially since she had so much to do to get ready. They were delicious, funfetti cupcakes- my absolute favorite.



Spencer still has that Care Bear!





I think I smiled more that day than I had in the previous 8 months combined.



That's me opening up my presents. (That's my mom on the right)
I never would have guessed that day that I'd be having Spencer in less than two weeks! During my pregnancy, Sara was my ROCK, without her, I'd have been lost. I am so lucky to have had such an amazing friend. Even now, two years later, I'm still filled with gratitude for all she did for me.

post signature

13 comments:

Cornwayites said...

Oh, I wish I could have a Prada Onesie for my little one...but...I think my husband would FREAK!!! How wonderful to have a sweet little girl; how wonderful for any of us to be blessed with little miracles of life. Thanks for sharing your shower!!! :)

Ashley said...

OMG! Love the Prada onesie, totally up my alley! What a cute post- cute blog! ;)

Melissa said...

those cupcakes look yummy! What a fun shower.

I love all your posts about being a pioneer. I live in Utah were growing your own garden and harvesting are hauuuge!!! But I have yet to can a peach or make my own jam, or even pull an ear of corn off the stalk!!! Great job. And think of all the money I'd save if I was more resourceful like that. Gees, what an inspiration you are.

Everytime we pass a field Austyn wil tell me "Mom there is a farm for sale, lets buy it". I would love to have acres to roam and a garden. Maybe someday!

Summer said...

Love the Prada Onesie! I managed to get a Prada diaper bag from my mom at my baby shower... If I bought anything Prada for my 3 year old right now my husband would Freak! Ha! Ha!

Courtney said...

The onsies are precious-the prada one is too cute! Ha!
Blessings!

Maisy said...

Katie~
You were beautiful when you were pregnant. So happy you had someone so special to help you during a time when you really needed it!!!
Happy Weekend~

Meg said...

Those onesies are adorable! It definitely looks like you had an amazing friend, you are so fortunate--I don't know where I'd be without my best friend. I'm glad your baby shower was full of smiles.

Annie said...

the onesie idea is adorable, how fun!! the cupcakes look yummy!

i'm glad you were able to have a wonderful shower with lots of smiles. i'm happy you had someone by your side the whole time, friends are the best!

have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Our Little Family said...

Girl, you are such a strong individual. Seriously, I think about you and your strength frequently. I hope you realize that you are an inspiration to many...

Kelly said...

What a happy day! I love the custom onesies idea. I have never seen that before.

BOWquet said...

The little outfits are so cute!

Claire said...

What an adorable looking shower!

Cxx

chenlili said...

chenlili20150907
air max uk
louis vuitton handbags
uggs sale
swarovski crystal
imitation watches
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
knockoff watches
nike huarache uk
louis vuitton outlet
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban uk store
michael kors outlet
abercrombie & fitch,abercrombie outlet,abercrombie kids
louis vuitton outlet
tory burch outlet online
ghd straighteners
coach factorty outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
longchamp pas cher
north face jackets
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors
giuseppe zanotti outlet
pandora charms
nike store
louis vuitton outlet
kate spade sale

Post a Comment