Thursday, August 13, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Vacation Spot


This is a hard one for me to answer! There are still so many places I want to go to on a vacation and exactly what is the definition of "vacation?" Is it just where you like to rest and relax, is it a trip somewhere, or both?

My favorite vacation spot, to a place I've been, where the sole purpose is rest, relaxation and fun, is the Outer Banks, North Carolina, specifically Corolla. My family has been going there for years and it's only 3 1/2 hours away, so you can even go for a nice long weekend.


Corolla is most famous for the wild horses on the beach. Whenever I'm there I can feel the stress melting away.


The Outer Banks is also where Blackbeard (the pirate) sailed and wrecked his most famous ship, the Queen Anne's Revenge.

My favorite trip/vacation that I've taken was to Florence, Italy in 2002, when I studied abroad there the summer after my sophomore year of college. I can't express how much I think everyone needs to go there, it will change your life and your outlook on it!


That's me buying some fresh produce at the market.


Cinque Terre


The Chianti Region of Tuscany



I've never been to Destin, Florida and it's the place I want to go to next on a rest and relaxation vacation.


Everything I've ever seen and read about it sounds so amazing.


And the water looks intoxicating! I can't wait to take Spencer one day.

I would love to hear recommendations about great vacation places! There are just so many things I want to do and share with Spencer, so the more ideas the better.
**See my other Show Us Your Life posts**

I Have a Child. The Jig is Up.
Here Comes the Maid Of Honor

post signature

11 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

oh I adore Italy too - have not been in forever! We are trying to get in laws to agree on Outer Banks next summer - they think the drive is too far

Kate in Austin said...

I can vouch for Destin. It is just beautiful. Our family has been driving there from TX for about 25 years.
I'll have to take your advice and aim to go to one of your fave places in the near future.

Amanda Rooney said...

LOVED your pictures of Italy. I've never been, but dream of it often. HA!

And I've never heard of Outer Banks....so thanks for the introduction!!

Annie said...

love all the pictures!
i wouild love to go to italy some day!
i keep hearing about destin, looks beautiful there!

Hope said...

FINALLY....i found someone from VA and u actually are close to me. I live in New KEnt.I also love the outer banks. My family has vacationed there for 20 years.

Katie Patterson said...

GO BLACKBEARD!!! I love the idea of being close to where Blackbeard once was!!! That is really neat.

Nikki Cogg said...

I am dyyyying to get over to Italy! I have to see and eat in Tuscany.. How fun that you studied abroad out there! It must have been such an unforgettable experience. Hopefully next year my husband and I will be out that way!

Beth P. said...

That destination spot in FL looks amazing!

T Sharee said...

Just found your blog and fell in love with it!!! Keep posting and I will keep reading!!!

Shoshanah said...

I loved my trip to Italy. Its all so pretty, and of course the food is amazing!

I've been to Destin once a few years ago, and had a great time.

And the Outer Banks, NC? I've never been, but I'm sure seeing the seeing the wild horses would be really neat

Momma Jac said...

Hey girl, you know I am so parital to Destin, Fl-our #1 fav spot to vacay! It is beyong words. I have always wanted to go to North Carolina or South Carolina, I think I would love it! Your pics from Italy were beautiful!

Post a Comment