Friday, August 21, 2009

A Sky in Love


We had a big storm here yesterday in the Middle of Nowhere, North Carolina. I was outside taking pictures of the billowing storm clouds when I saw this. It just took my breath away- this is the kind of thing you usually find on flickr, something that just doesn't happen in real life! A perfect heart had formed in a matter of seconds. I took as many pictures as possible, but just as soon as it had formed, it quickly disappeared. No one else saw it but me, and I like to think of it as a good omen of love and lovely things to come.


post signature

7 comments:

Melissa said...

great picture! You are so positive.

Our Little Family said...

Oh my gosh, that is BEAUTIFUL!! Definitely a sign of love(ly) things to come.

And, i guess we see these types of pics on Flickr because people like YOU are fast enough to capture it!! Have you ever thought of (or, maybe you already do!) putting your photography skills to a professional use?? I always LOVE the shots you get of Spencer, too.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Very cool indeed! Good thing you were quick with that camera :)

Sarah Brown said...

Awesome picture!
Happy Saturday Sharefest!

Brown Paper Packages tied up with strings....
Stop by and check out a few of my favorite things!

http://sarahbrownsfavoritethings.blogspot.com/

Plus you can enter some great giveaways!=)

Meg said...

That picture is awesome! I am going to play with it a little in photoshop--I hope you don't mind!

That is definitely a good omen.

mamammelloves said...

What an awesome picture! So great that you were able to capture it! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day! :)

Hayley said...

I am so jealous that you got this picture. And I've loved your stories from The Middle of Nowhere!

John's mom has a few health issues, but they're not bad. They were just exacerbated (I love that word) by her hectic traveling day. So things are taking a turn for the better! I haven't been commenting as much on anyone's blog since my laptop died because I LOATHE typing on this old Dell piece of crap. So I'm trying to convince John that a summer trip to the East Coast next year is in order. I'll keep you posted :D

Post a Comment