Monday, August 17, 2009

The Middle of Nowhere, North Carolina

We are in the Middle of Nowhere, North Carolina. Yesterday was a long day, and last night was even longer. Spencer woke up in the middle of the night and was very scared because she didn't recognize where she was. I spent the next two hours trying to calm her down and get her back to sleep, but she was not having it.

She slept on my chest ALL night long (over 3o lbs of toddler) with her hand clutching mine. Whenever I tried to gently scoot her to my side, she woke up screaming again. My body hurts, my eyes are puffy, and my head feels like it weighs a ton. I'm hoping tonight is better, I don't think either of us can take a repeat performance.

I promise to get some pictures up here soon!

post signature

4 comments:

Our Little Family said...

Oh my goodness... What an experience! As much as I always look forward to getting away, I always dread (if even just a teensy bit) the whole sleeping aspect. Maddie's the type of kid that really ONLY sleeps in her crib. I've always been jealous of those kids that fall asleep in their highchair while eating or on the floor while watching TV.

Anyway.

I hope tonight is a MUCH better night and that you all are having fun. Hopefully the weather is cooperating (OMG, are you near an Ikea? You could totally try another trip! Ha!).

Kelly said...

Poor thing! I hope tonight is better for you both!

Meg said...

Aw poor little girly, I'm talking about you! Poor Spenser too, but hopefully you will get the sleep you need tonight. I really hope you enjoy your time in middle of nowhere north carolina!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Good for you going on a little trip... I am not brave enough to do that by myself with the boys...

I hope that you get some sleep tonight!

Post a Comment