Friday, February 20, 2009

A Helping Hand

Every day I read something on someone's blog that makes me want to cry. I get sucked into their stories and as I read about them, I want more than anything to be able to help in some way.


Since I'm not a millionaire, or a hundred thousand-aire, or a ten thousand-aire, (get the picture) and I don't have any connections with clout, I realize that there isn't much that I can do. So I've decided that each week I'm going to post links to these blogs and help spread the word and their stories. Little prayers from around the globe can go a long way and you never know who might be reading!


This week, these are the families that are need of some help, earthly and spiritually:



The Karg Family - Pregnant with twins, one died in utero and the other little girl is back in the hospital, fighting for her life.



The Freeman Family
- Little girl born 3 months premature, now 8 months old, only 6lbs 4ozs., and still has never come from the hospital.

The McClenahan Family - Their baby daughter, Cora, died this month. She went to the doctor for an ear ache and was diagnosed with cancer- 4 weeks later she unexpectedly died. They are building a playgound at their church in her memory.


The Johnson Family - Their little boy, Cody, was just given weeks to live after a very long struggle, and fight, against cancer.


Each time I read these families' blogs, I almost always end up in tears- yet, I am compelled to keep reading. Their stories remind me to be thankful each day for the gift of my healthy, beautiful daughter.


Every week I will post about new families that are need of help, but feel free to let me know about others that I'm missing or if there is someone that you'd like me to write about.

2 comments:

Lilly said...

What a sweet person you are.

Patti said...

I bawled when I read Cora Paige's story. I just couldn't believe it. It is very sweet of you to spread the word about these families and offer support in that way. :)

Post a Comment