Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Technology

The wonderful world of technology and I have a love hate relationship. There are some days where I feel really hip and on my game, i.e., I've been on twitter for almost a year now. And there are other days, like today, where I'm like "what's my root server?"



I wouldn't say that I suffer from OCD, but I have OCD tendencies when it comes to knowledge. If there is something out there and I know I don't what it is, I won't stop until I have an answer. Did that make sense? I even have a subscription to Mental Floss Magazine! I get started on something, the other day it was on Wallis Simpson, The Duchess of Windsor, and I can't stop until I have answered all my internal questions. Go ahead, ask me anything about Wallis, I'm pretty sure I'll have the answer.



I hate the idea of being obsolete. It seems to me that the older you get, the easier it is to become out of touch with the real world. None of my grandparents ever owned a computer and only one of them ever even owned a cell phone. When I was in college, I used to write them emails, but I'd have to send it to one of my parents or my aunt, so they could print it off and give it to them. Who knows what kind of technology there will be when I'm a grandma, but it scares to me think that I might not be able to take advantage of it.



So Internet, what do you do to stay up to date on technology? Do you have a go-to website or magazine, or are you not concerned with it? I'm wondering if it's just me or if anyone else feels the same way.

2 comments:

Maisy said...

KATIE!!!!
I missed you. I was going to send you an e-mail tomorrow if you didn't post. I saw that you commented but you didn't post. I was sad.
As for your post...I never think about it. We are from a technology generation..we will be fine. We will always be able to get by at least.
I love your new blog layout. it looks fabulous.
Welcome back :)

Hayley said...

John keeps me up to date, whether I like it or not.

Post a Comment