Friday, February 13, 2009

Measurement Guessing is Not My Forte

I totally forgot to write about how much Spencer had grown, sorry. I obviously have no sense of measurement ability because I was very off in my predictions, very, very, very off.


She weighs 28lbs, and

Height: 33inches!!!

In four months she grew almost 4 inches! I'm still baffled at this, because she's been wearing 18months since she turned one and they still fit her. In fact, she can still wear some 12months things.

She is now in the 80th percentile for weight and the 85th percentile for height, which is supposed to make her about 5'6 or 5'7. Although I don't put much stock in that, as I was always in the 90th percentile for height and they said I would be 5'8 or 5'9. When I was in the 5th grade I was 5'3 and one of the tallest girls in my class- the back row of the bleachers with all the boys! By the 9th grade, I was still 5'3 and but in the front row of the bleachers. I am still 5'3, although my license says 5'4, because technically I'm 5'3 and 3/4. which of course rounds up to 5'4.

I hope Spencer is 5'7, to me, that's the perfect height. But my great-grandma was 5'1, my Mema was 5'2, my mom was 5'3, and I'm 5'4, so if history and short genetics prevail, she'll be 5'5. Oh, and my dad is 6'3, so it's not like there wasn't some tall genes in my DNA.

Either way, I'm just glad that she's healthy and has reached all of her important milestones- what more could I ask for?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That's the bottom line, isn't it? A healthy, happy baby.
SO glad it all went well with the doc!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

That is great! It always amazes me how much and how fast they grow...

Hayley said...

I can never remember about Cade's measurements. And he started out in 90th percentile in height and weight... and now he's slowed enough to put him down in the 25th for height and 10th for weight. All that with a dad who is 6'5".

Glad you're back!

Hayley said...

You know, we were going to just go for the 5D (sometime this year) but when I went to look at it, it felt kind of daunting. I'm sure after using the Rebel for awhile, it's not as intimidating! My fingers are crossed!

Your ex and my ex should get together for tea, crumpets, and Neanderthal chest bumping. My ex was really verbally abusive too.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Where'd you go? Have not heard from this way in a while...

Post a Comment