Friday, January 23, 2009

TGIF


As a child of the 80's, TGIF held a lot more meaning than just "Thank Goodness It's Friday." It actually meant 2 solid hours of my favorite ABC comedies- Full House, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers, and whatever show could survive the 9:30pm slot- Hangin' With Mr. Cooper was the last one, I think.



Now that I stay at home with Spencer, Fridays really have very little meaning anymore. They're just like any old day of the week, Saturdays too, for that matter. But this weekend I'm getting a little adult time and I'm so excited!!!!!!!!



My mom is going to watch Spencer for a few hours on Saturday and I'm going to a movie! A real movie! I haven't been to the theater since before Spencer was born. I know, right, that's crazy!



It's rare that I'm ever without Spencer, she's very attached to me and I like having her around. I'm NOT complaining about this, I love having her with me, but sometimes I just need a little "me time." Not much, just a few hours, to rejuvenate myself.



Did I mention how excited I am to go see a movie? Pretty freaking EXCITED!!



Any suggestions on what I should see? Something happy or funny or romantic- nothing that will make me sad and depressed. Leave your suggestions please and have a fantastic weekend!



2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

YEAH!!! Girl time!! It is so important to have time for yourself.. I am so happy for you!

T + 2 said...

Ooooh I went to see Bride Wars with my cousin last weekend and LOVED it! It got horrible ratings on Rotten Tomatoes, but we thought it was great!
Have fun!!

Post a Comment