Monday, January 26, 2009

Top 10 Superficial Things I Need to Survive Life

Spencer is not included in my list because she is ESSENTIAL to my life, as in the air I breathe. These are my superficial must haves.

1. Diet Coke- I don't drink coffee so this is how I get my morning pick me up. Without it, I would shrivel up and die of dehydration.

2. High Speed Internet- Have you ever had to go back to dial up since you went to the good stuff? Trust me, it's like someone slowly ripping a band aid off your head- torture!

3. Flip Flops- I wear them year round, once I got frost bite on two toes after I de-iced and de-snowed my car in a snow storm. Not my brightest move, I know, but in my defense, I was at someone else's house and those were the only shoes I had with me.

4. Caller ID- Because really, who wants to answer the phone if it says Unknown Caller? NOT me!

5. OnDemand- I love it. Well, the prices are a bit steep, but otherwise, it's great.

6. The Blogosphere- Wow, I really can't say enough about how much it means to me to read your blogs. It provides me with entertainment, insight, creativity, and genuine friendship. So thank you to everyone who's reading this and to everyone who I love to read about.


7. The Pillow- I went to Peru when I was 18 for a mission trip. There was no room for me to bring a pillow, and of course, none were provided, being that I slept on a mat on top of a slab of wood. . I slept on the crook of my arm every night and I am talking about some seriously sore shoulders when I woke up each morning. The upside of this was that can now successfully sleep without a pillow, but I also appreciate them A LOT more- flat, hard, soft, down, tempur-pedic, iso-cool, decorative, etc.- I love them all.

8. Pedicures- I used to get them a lot more frequently before Spencer, I think I've only had a couple since she came along. But I love them, and if I had the time and money, I would go every three weeks.

9. Anti-Aging Products- I've always been a bit of a freak about the idea of aging and wrinkles, especially since I'm fair skinned and have freckles, and I started using anti-wrinkle eye cream when I was 18. I thought it would be best if I got a jump start on it; prevention instead of correction. I'm pleased with the results, I hardly have any lines on my face, and there are none near my eyes.

10. Pull-n-Peel Twizzlers- The best "bad for you snack." It's delicious, but fat-free!

What are your favorite superficial things?

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

My DVR.... I love being able to rewind my tv... I am not sure what i did without it! Of course now I am always wanting to rewind my radio!

Micha said...

i've been thinking about this post since i first read it and i think i'm going to steal the idea for my blog, if you don't mind.

this is fabulous. i can't quit thinking about my own neuroses. of course, i'm having a really hard time narrowing it down!

Post a Comment