Thursday, January 1, 2009

What to Read ADD

I got so many books for Christmas- seriously, like 25. It's killing me because I want to read them all and I can't decide where to start. Consequently, I'm reading 4 books right now. Yes, that's correct, rather than being an adult and choosing to start and finish one book at a time, I'm on chapter three of two different books and on chapter six of the two others.

But they're all so good! When I'm bored with one, I just bebop on over to the next book. For all you book lovers out there, here's what I'm currently reading:




So far, my favorite is The Know-It-All; it's really funny, educational, and let's face it- since I'm somewhat of a know-it-all myself, it's right up my alley! Sleep is for the Weak is a collection of essays written by several famous mommy bloggers. I've just started the other two, so I'm not ready to endorse or recommend them yet.



Since I only get to read at night, after Spencer goes to bed, it's best if what I'm reading doesn't require me re-read each sentence in order to make sure I'm grasping the subtext. This doesn't mean I want to read "dumbed down" books, I just need something that is straight forward.



Who knows how long it will take me to finish these books, since I'm not exactly going about it an expedient fashion, but I kinda like it this way.

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Although I got so many nice things for xmas... I think one of my favorites was a book! It is "me time" and I can get lost in it & not have to worry about anything else!

I love to read... my husband does not get it though and cannot wait for me to be done with it!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you think of Sleep Is for the Weak! Thanks for reading it.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Thanks for the comment/question....

But you misunderstood what I was saying in my original post...lol... I meant when I read books it is time for me and no one else....

But I will have to look up the book "me time!"

As for men.. I agree. My parents gave my husband a book for xmas too and he looked at me like what am I supposed to do with this???

Post a Comment