Thursday, July 30, 2009

Here Comes the Maid of Honor

This week on Show Us How You Live over at Kelly's Korner, the topic du jour is Bridal Parties and Flowers. I was the maid of honor in my best Sara's wedding, which was shortly after I graduated college. It was The Event of the year- 12 months of non-stop planning, 4 showers, a week of pre-wedding festivities, 300 people in attendance, 4 musical soloists - including a song written for them, and a toast given by yours truly (in front of those 300 people!). It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to, with every single detail meticulously planned by Sara.



This is me walking down the aisle. The color of my dress was Tiffany Box Blue- no kidding!



The roses look red, but they were a deep magenta.


I'm not naked, the picture just cuts out my dress. Can you tell how excited I was for them? As MOH, it was my job to keep the couple happy and iron out their kinks during the previous 12 months. This is my thinking to myself "job well done, Katie!" (And you look beautiful, Sara!)




All of the bridesmaids had different dresses in the same color.



And this is the happy couple, with Sara in the most beautiful gown I've ever seen.

___

So if and when I ever do get married, I like this bridesmaid dress. In the picture it looks floor length, and I would want it to be tea length, but I think it's simple and elegant.





For the flowers, I want a bouquet of ranunculus and a centerpiece of peonies. I think both of these displays are lovely.
And that's the end of my wedding experience history and future. Can't wait to see every else's fabulous dresses and flowers!

**See I Have a Child. The Jig is Up for further wedding explanation**

post signature

13 comments:

The Taffs said...

I love the bridesmaids dress you have picked out! Tea length dresses are soo pretty!

You look great in your best friends wedding. I love it when people have the same color, just different styles.

Natalia said...

Love what you've picked!

Kelly said...

Love the bridesmaid dress you picked! I think it's something that would look good on everyone.

Annie said...

Great ideas! I love everything you've picked.
You look beautiful in your friends wedding!!

Nikki Cogg said...

I loooove ranunculus- you're going to have a gorgeous wedding :) Thanks for sharing your ideas, and you were so pretty as maid of honor!

Mama Bear said...

Love your wedding ideas... especially the dress!!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

love your ideas!

Kari said...

I personally love the tiffany box blue color! Beautiful! And I LOVE the dress you picked for bmaid's gowns. Looks wonderful and something a bridesmaid would actually want to wear.
Thanks for stopping by mine. Seamstress??? Well, I tried making my daughter a flower girl's dress last year for my brother's wedding and was stumped by the pattern, so any good talent I had 10 years ago left me. Haha! I had my mother in law make her FG dress. I wasn't even interested in sewing anymore :o) Where did you get that pic for the bridesmaid's gowns???

Just Lisa said...

I love the flowers! Gorgeous!

Claire said...

Gorgeous! I loved this post!

Cxx

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Wow! Her Dress WAS beautiful!! Love hte color of your dresses too though.. I really do!

chenlili said...

chenlili20150907
true religion sale
oakley sunglasses wholesale
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
coach factory
barbour
michael kors outlet
barbour uk
michael kors handbags
cheap ran bans
toms outlet store
louis vuitton outlet
www.louisvuitton.com
michael kors handbags
louboutin femme pas cher
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
michael kors bags
louis vuitton bags
ray ban uk
louis vuitton
adidas outlet
ray ban wayfarer
true religion outlet
coach outlet store online
coach factory outlet
jordan 6 rings
polo ralph lauren
toms shoes
ray ban sunglasses

chenlili said...

chenlili20150907
nike shorts,nike hoodies,nike town,new nike shoes,nike tennis shoes,air max 97,nike shop,nike basketball
gucci bags
concords 11
timberlands
christian louboutin sale
michael kors outlet online
air jordan retro
michael kors outlet online
gucci handbags
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
nike running shoes for men
cheap jordans
michael kors handbags
longchamp sale
louis vuitton handbags
coach factory outlet
coach outlet online
uggs on sale
fitflops clearance
adidas originals
michael kors outlet
true religion jeans
louis vuitton handbags
timberlands
kids lebron james shoes
coach outlet
nike trainers sale
michael kors
louis vuitton

Post a Comment